TraditionalShaving.co.uk problems?

I bought a Merkur Futur a few weeks ago but also got bought one for my birthday. So I returned the Futur unopened to Traditional Shaving where it was signed for by someone at their office Monday of last week. I tried to contact them since on two occasions to establish the status of my refund but both emails have gone unanswered and still no refund on my credit card statement.
Other dealings I've had with them in the past have been fairly prompt and courteous so I'm wondering if something has happened there. The website seems to be functioning as normal. Anybody had any dealings with them recently and care to comment?

texaspete said:
I bought a Merkur Futur a few weeks ago but also got bought one for my birthday. So I returned the Futur unopened to Traditional Shaving where it was signed for by someone at their office Monday of last week. I tried to contact them since on two occasions to establish the status of my refund but both emails have gone unanswered and still no refund on my credit card statement.
Other dealings I've had with them in the past have been fairly prompt and courteous so I'm wondering if something has happened there. The website seems to be functioning as normal. Anybody had any dealings with them recently and care to comment?
I had the same problem as you regarding a refund ,no replies to emails etc,but I did get my money back quite quickly, after a rather strong worded, final email

With the top notch customer service from the likes of Executive Shaving etc, then to me this is enough to avoid that company. There's already lots of choice and some of them really go the extra mile.

Dobbo25 said:
texaspete said:
I had the same problem as you regarding a refund ,no replies to emails etc,but I did get my money back quite quickly, after a rather strong worded, final email

Exactly the same for me too .
Funnily enough with a Merkur Futur aswell , swore blind I would never use them again , got my money eventually , but , it left a very bitter taste in my mouth ,
Derrick

Guys. Thanks for the replies. At least I guess I can expect my money back at some point I hope. I'm going to send them/him a final no nonsense email tomorrow. I normally buy from Executive Shaving as Brian and co are usually spot on but on this occasion the Futur was a lot more expensive with ES. Lesson learned though I guess. He/they have lost my business!

Can't find a number for them anywhere. Looking at street view their business address is on a residential road in Leeds somewhere. Sent them a final email today which probably won't leave them in any doubt as to my dismay about the whole situation.

They must provide a telephone number, if they don't then they do not comply with DSR.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/dshome/dsrexplained/;jsessionid=CAA1C6690933001656D74F6BD51D5D33

Contact trading standards.

That link isnt working for me halk. Can't seem to find a phone number anywhere for him. Googled the guys name who runs it, his address and various other combinations, all absolutely nothing. Not giving up on this one!

The link isn't working for me either! It's Trading Standard's website and they state they must provide a contact telephone number. I suspect that they'll just tell you to write a letter by recorded mail, and if that doesn't work contact the card provider.

texaspete said:
That link isnt working for me halk. Can't seem to find a phone number anywhere for him. Googled the guys name who runs it, his address and various other combinations, all absolutely nothing. Not giving up on this one!

Any updates on all of this?

I ordered a razor yesterday morning hand delivered by the postman who lives in my street today.

I hate waiting for online items but I can't fault the service I received

Al H said:
I ordered a razor yesterday morning hand delivered by the postman who lives in my street today.

I hate waiting for online items but I can't fault the service I received

It's not the delivery side of thing's that's the problem , it's when and if you return the good's and then try to extract a refund back out of them , that is why they will never have my business again .

Derrick

Sorry for late update. As with others I eventually got a refund but the whole process left a bitter taste in my mouth so I won't bother with them again.

Back
Top Bottom