Travel advice

Hi all - just thought I would ask for some advice. In a month or two I will be going away for a few days, still within the UK so no flying involved. I currently own 1 razor and 1 brush that I will be taking with me. I was thinking of purchasing a case as seen here to protect said razor and brush. It is a bit more pricier than I was originally planning on spending but I can't find much else around. Don't know if anyone has one - is it OK? Or is there a better alternative I have completely missed? Thanks in advance.

Maybe Steve (sunburyboy) has a vintage grooming kit case, should ask him, even if it's without a razor or brush, use your own.

I'm not sure the one you showed can actually store both, so beware.

For your brush you could always get some cheap white bathroom plumbing pipe and 2 endcaps from your DIY store.

Max

Just wrap them in a t-shirt or a small towel, they're not that fragile. For the brush, you could get a pill-box from your local chemist. Drill a couple of holes in the lid for ventilation.

Ainslie

I recently got a Ogallala shave stick, the mech which pushed the soap up and down was bust. So what I did was to remove the soap from the tube, and throw away the mech part. The outer tube turned out to be just the right size for my Simpsons Beaufort B1.

As for the soap I microwaved it in to a round tupperware pot with a lid.

So that's my travel soap and brush sorted.

Or you could try one of these and one of these.

Both will come to less than the set you pointed out.

Enjoy your break :D

No connection to either company other than being a very satisfied customer of both ;)

Thanks for the tips and thanks for the links to the shavingshack - seem to have missed this online store on my trawl for shaving paraphernalia :shock:. Certainly looks like I can get what I want for cheaper - and that is always good.

I got a Taylors of Old Bond Street pure badger travel brush (with travel tube included) for less than that Muhle case.

The £5 one from shaving shack looks the biz.

Have a look here, lots of advice.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7969&p=109431&hilit=Waitrose#p109431" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7969&p=109431&hilit=Waitrose#p109431</a><!-- l -->

I used a Waitrose Arrow Root tub, just the job! :D

Back
Top Bottom