Travel questions

Im off in a few weeks for a couple of weeks in the sun.
I also go to the gym and always think that it would be nice to shave after coming out of the steam room.

So based on these things, I'm looking for the best way to travel with my kit.

I'm thinking I will just take my EJ DE89 but in a soft case, but for brushes I need advice. Would you recommend the travel tubes or a homemade alternative?
I'm also looking to get some Arko as its easy to carry about, and wondered if anyone had dealings with the online retailer shaveworld?
They are super cheap for Arko (£1.90), and also have Astra blades for £8.90 for 100.

So far I haven't found somewhere that does brush travel tubes and arko so that I can save on postage (and more importantly, the missus sees only one box arrive, not two!)

We don't like the Arko much, but prefer the palm olive, if you would like an Arko stick to try just pm us. It's base has taken a bit of a dunt but it will let you know whether you like it or not.

We have a travel Kit that we got second hand (an old Gillette offering in a leather case), we get on with this well, it has a brush tube and a soap tube, a lope to hold the razor a space which is meant for the clothes brush but we had a wooden box made where we keep blades and styptic. It also has a mirror. We are experimenting with making our own aftershave wipes so all is self contained and easy to carry. It is handy having everything in one place that we can just pick up and go.

We have also bought a brush tube- which we need if we are taking any of our bigger brushes anywhere.

As a choice of soap, tubes of cream suit travelling particularly well but yes your Arko should do well.

A travel tube to protect your brush can be made out of any plastic tubing... narrow drainpipes, plastic plumbing pipes etc. I travel a lot so I bought a travel brush in its own tube.
If it's just for a single holiday I'd probably not even bother with a tube, just wrap your brush in a handkerchief or a face flannel.

Thanks both of you.

I like the idea of a travel tube, but in truth it would proabably only be used twice a year, so a homemade one makes more sense.

fionafish, I have a stick of palmolive but heard somewhere the Arko was better. But if you prefer the palmolive, then its obviously just personal choice and I will stick with the palmolive for now.

TSR in saving someone money shocker! ;)

i spotted a de set that has a mirror built in.

i think i might buy it and end up replacing razor in middle

http://www.barberblades.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=48_35&product_id=85

cant at the moment though. flute is in for repairs/general maintenance and i need to upgrade but the cost is phenomenal, i can see why many people stop playing

When traveling, I just wrap my brush in a flannel, which I keep dry for the return journey so the brush isn't hanging around wet in my luggage. Last couple of trips were to the US so brush was wrapped like this for around 24 hours in total (accounting for night-before packing) and came out just fine the other side.

shanky887614 said:
i spotted a de set that has a mirror built in.

i think i might buy it and end up replacing razor in middle

http://www.barberblades.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=48_35&product_id=85

cant at the moment though. flute is in for repairs/general maintenance and i need to upgrade but the cost is phenomenal, i can see why many people stop playing

Incidently. If you search Barber Blades amazon store, this set is currently £7.
I just got one. Saves me scratching my EJ while away!
Picked up some Arko too at £1 a stick. You pay £1.99 postage per item sadly but it's still £12 for a travel set and a soap stick.

Back
Top Bottom