Travelling setup

I'm a sales guy whose out on the road for a few days every once in a while. I don't fancy taking a DE kit with me, even more so when I fly hand luggage only. Wondered what other people do in this situation?

Cheers

I have a big rolly baccy fag tin, in it fits half a dozen blades, a gillette tech flat packed, a very small bristle brush from Wilkinsons and a small tube of cream - the lid doubles up as my lathering bowl.

I'm afraid I just bite the bullet and use a Gillette sensor. It's no big deal. Also in the washbag is a brush and a solid block of soap, and that's the kit. I'll use the hotel plastic bathroom cup as a bowl, and I can get moisturiser locally in any chemist.

I don't think it's such a huge deal to regress to disposeable cartridges for a few days at a time. Makes you appreciate a good DE shave with all your nice products all the more when you get home and have some down time. I see it more as a pamper rather than a "must do" every day anyway.

If you're flying hand luggage only, you have no choice but using disposables (as I'm not telling you how to get DE blades past security!)
You can take them in checked luggage though!

So buy a pack of cheap gillette fully disposable ones, use and chuck.
If you're staying for more than a week, sending them to your hotel before hand is an option. (or get some local if you have the time)

Cheers,

Max

any cheap boar brush will do,as with the razor there are several disposable single edge that can be found very inexpensively,A shave stick is simply ideal for travelling as there is no mess,it does the job and again very inexpensive.Aftershave balms are probably the easiest area to deal with as most retailers carry small sample pots which maybe enough for several days use.happy shaving and have a good journey :shave

For longhaul with checked luggage or road trips I use a 50's/60's travel grooming set from eBay. You can pick them up for less than a tenner and a bit of luck will land you a Tech, (most likely Alu ball end), a couple of Alu travel tubes, (normally perfect size for a palmolive stick), a comb, clothes brush and a leather case. Simply substitute a cheap men-u boar brush for one of the travel tubes. For aftercare I just throw some nivea moisturiser into my luggage.

I am lucky with my short flights, most of those are to locations I know fairly well. Meaning I can cope with just carry on, (laptop, shirt and socks), and a visit to a local barber for a shave when I get up the next day. There is something rather nice about waking up, hotel breakfast, barber shave and then off to meetings.

Does anyone take soap travelling, as I can see cream as being a far better choice for size wise.

A tube of something would fit in better then a puck I suspect.

Father Ted said:
There is one on ebay at the mo c/w brush. £4.99 start....

That's quite unusual, the brushes and razors are usually the bits missing.

Just to reiterate, taking blades in carry on is a no no. Blades in checked luggage is fine. Some people talk of posting blades ahead of them..

Back
Top Bottom