Tried It !

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=11342

Had to try the CF Cedarwood and Sandlewood first.

I found the scent ( :icon_rolleyes: ) not to be an issue. It was hardly noticeable to me during the shave, or to SWMBO afterwards.

One thing that I seem to remember reading ( here ? ) was that only a small amount of CF cream is required to produce a good lather. So, i dipped in a pinkie and was surprised that the cream seemed more of a semi-hard soap. I used it in my bowl, and found it not easy to work into a lather. Lumps/pieces of soap were, well nigh, impossible to blend into a lather.
As far as the lather goes, it was OK, but no better than others that I have used.

I would not bother to use it on its own again. A wee bit of MWF into the mix may well improve things.

One down, two to go :icon_rolleyes:

Steve

NOTSHARP said:
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=11342

Had to try the CF Cedarwood and Sandlewood first.

I One thing that I seem to remember reading ( here ? ) was that only a small amount of CF cream is required to produce a good lather. So, i dipped in a pinkie and was surprised that the cream seemed more of a semi-hard soap. I used it in my bowl, and found it not easy to work into a lather. Lumps/pieces of soap were, well nigh, impossible to blend into a lather.
As far as the lather goes, it was OK, but no better than others that I have used.

One down, two to go :icon_rolleyes:

Steve

Ok, I can't speak for the version you tried, but I can tell you what works best for me with the CF lime and other very thick cream types.

I put the cream in my mixing bowl, along with maybe one tablespoon of very hot water. I'll usually soak my face for the minute or so it takes for the product to start softening up a bit. Then I shake my brush out a little bit less than usual, and sorta mash the knot into that cream blob (or what's left of it). Yeah, I don't want that stuff swirling around in the bowl which can happen. Took me a while to figure out the best way to handle this kinda product.

Maybe try that when you sample the lime and see if that helps. Done right, the CF lather does truly explode outta nowhere, and the performance is top shelf.

Martin

NotTheStig said:
Would a tiny drop of glycerin help? Might be worth £1 from Boots if it improved lather dramatically. It worked for me with a hard soap

glyiserene

can be picked up in most supermarkets in the baking section

it is ussed to make fondant, thats the white stuff on wedding cakes to you and me

glycerine ,gelatine,sugar and water

thats about all that goes into fondant

shanky887614 said:
NotTheStig said:
Would a tiny drop of glycerin help? Might be worth £1 from Boots if it improved lather dramatically. It worked for me with a hard soap

glyiserene

it is ussed to make fondant, thats the white stuff on wedding cakes to you and me

And it's about 1 quid for 25ml in the supermarket but in boots about 1.5 quid for 250ml+

pedro083 said:
shanky887614 said:
NotTheStig said:

glyiserene

And it's about 1 quid for 25ml in the supermarket but in boots about 1.5 quid for 250ml+

didnt realise it was that cheap in boots

0.89p for 200ml

Back
Top Bottom