trousers

Helikon-Tex good quality and robust for good prices @ Military First or Heinnie Haynes.
German Army Moleskin Repros @ Flecktarn.co.uk
Or if you have the cash Blackhawk @ HH again.

I have the black SFU's in rip-stop, I'm a 32" waist and around 6' tall and I find medium long to fit round the waist but be a little over generous in the leg.

i use the helikons...just to confirm they are baggy but comfortable

watch the pull tabs on the waist when getting in a car...they can cause damage

Think I'll have to have a look at these when I get my next pair of Scouting activity trousers. How do they measure up on size ? And how baggy are they compared with others. I have a couple few pairs of Craghoppers and they vary quite a bit. The zip off ones (convert to shorts) are of a decent amount of baggy not like the Bear Grylls ones I have. They flap around in the wind ! These Helikons seem a very good price too.

They are pretty baggy though I think I should have bought regular for a proper fit, so if any of the chaps above have the right length for their height that might be a better opinion.

The are wearable but definitely too long. The material is quite a heavy weight and close weave so they blow but don't sound like a sail spilling the wind.

Count of Undolpho said:
They are pretty baggy though I think I should have bought regular for a proper fit, so if any of the chaps above have the right length for their height that might be a better opinion.

The are wearable but definitely too long. The material is quite a heavy weight and close weave so they blow but don't sound like a sail spilling the wind.

Cheers thanks for that. I'm a short arse at 5ft 8". I'd prefer a heavier weight as they will be winter trousers mainly. I usually go April to Sept in shorts. All of my Crag hoppers ones are the same size waist two are regular and both different length legs. I purchased a short leg once and they were miles too short so went back.

These Helikons do look a better option and the Craghoppers for what they are are a bit strong on price. I'll give these a go.

They are apparently the Vietnam Issue pattern of trousers, so if you ssee any pictures of the U.S. uniform, that is what they look like. Great fit and not too baggy, with a good weight to them.

Forgot.. The regular leg length is very slightly long. I take 32'' and they are probably 32.5'' long but they have a bottom hem tie if required.

Back
Top Bottom