Truefitt and Hill pre shave oil (now reviewed)

It is "Your mileage may vary"... so it's the same acronym you assumed it was Carl. It's just not to be taken too literally, it's a bit of an Americanism that's crept into general inernet language. It would be more accurate to say:
"Your findings / results might differ".
But that doesn't roll off the keyboard as well as "YMMV".

Thank you, gentlemen, for explaining. All I can say is how very pleased and delighted I am that I did not comprehend.

Is it generally known that various departments of HMG test their new forms on samples of the public? They have fairly recently redesigned some forms by lowering the reading age required to comprehend the forms - it used to be twelve years of age but is now ten. They need good information so YMMV is not acceptable.

Must we sink to the lowest common denominator? Inevitably? Cannot be saved?

Bechet45 said:
UKRob said:
Bechet45 said:
Your Milage May Vary hardly seems appropriate, so - what does YMMV mean in a shaving forum, please?

Hi Carl. It seems to be pretty common usage - in this case I was referring to people's perception of pre and post shave routines. I recently posted a direct question on SRP regarding usage of shave oil and the responses went from one extreme of people who considered it to be not much more than a con to the ones, including me, who find it useful. In this respect, YMMV seems to be useful shorthand.

Yes, Rob - shorthand for what?
Your Mileage May Vary.

Carl, I can just imagine that your are glued to the TV watching the cream of the country's gentry displaying themselves at Ascot this week so perhaps I should use the more appropriate aphorism 'Horses for Courses' to describe my original post.
Don't know why this post too so long to load but I made it before seeing Joe reference to Horses for courses.

I did not know it is Ascot Week until you told me. As for your original post, how about YMNNA? Or easier to type YMNA? That is open to misinterpretataion, though.

Bugg*r! Should have posted that I will be in my box at Ascot all week.

Back
Top Bottom