Trumpers Coconut

I'm quite new to DE shaving and have been lucky enough to acquire loads of new kit for my birthday last week. Amongst these are a La Toja soap stick, a Palmolive soap stick, a tube of Ingrams cream and a bowl of Trumpers Coconut Oil Soap.
Now, like I said I'm quite new to this but the quality of the lather from the Trumpers soap is poor. The others, most of which I got for less than a pound are fantastic, lots of really thick, slick whipped cream like lather, very quickly. The trumpers gives lots of lather but it's nothing like the cheaper ones. Frankly I'm a little disappointed. I even just practiced mixing up some soap this morning. I was mixing for what must've been 15 minutes. Still the same result. The lather has millions of tiny bubbles in and just doesn't want to thicken up, doesn't have that slick appearance. Have tried more/less water but it's still the same.
Any ideas?

Could be the local water. I have Trumpers coconut and sandlewood both are great latherers here, but the scents seem very weak. I like strong scented soaps.

Where I am 'cheshire' the water is very soft so makes for a good lather most times with most soaps.

The factory that made the old stuff has gone bust so who knows what's on the cards for the future...

My trumpers coconut soap lathers great but the lime was terrible. Shame really.

Both my Coconut and Sandalwood soaps are pretty good, I also have the coconut cream which is much better than the soap and smells stronger. Now when I use the coconut soap I add a tiny amount of the cream and end up with a great smelling creamy lather.

My Trumper's Coconut soap lathers an absolute treat and performs great - must be the old stuff, I suppose.

Never mind folks, there is always.....INGRAMS!

Greetings

My experience with trumpers hard soaps is the same as yours I bought several pucks from e-bay and no matter what I tried I could not get a decent lather out of the Rose, Coconut or Sandalwood.

Admittedly my water is very hard but Trumpers is the only soap I have tried that has been a complete and utter failure. Your description of the 'lather' is spot on, millions of tiny bubbles more foam than lather and it collapsed within a few seconds.

IMHO you are doing nothing wrong at all!

Regards
Dick.

Same here. Mine was poor and that applied to other flavours too.

I have some Trumpers coconut cream I squeezed into a tub which must have got some air to it as it has gone hard, but it still smells great and lathers well.
The creams seem to be much better.

As said, my GFT coconut was very difficult to lather as well. What I still wonder about; could nobody at GFT or the soap factory have found out the lack of latherability before they put the product on the market?

Anyway, they had their chance, no more GFT for me (I immediately believe their cream is great, but there are so many excellent creams).

Dipesh said:
The factory that made the old stuff has gone bust so who knows what's on the cards for the future...

Which factory? Just the soap, not the cream right?

Can you say more? Tell all!

Rev-O said:
Dipesh said:

Which factory? Just the soap, not the cream right?

Can you say more? Tell all!

It was called the Standard soap company in Ashby. Came in my local news when this place shut down.

Just the soap, not the cream!

Back
Top Bottom