Trumpers Coconut

Well. My postman delivered my new pot of TOBS coconut cream not ten minutes ago. Straight upstairs, got the GFT out and made up a lather, rubbish! Then I added just the tiniest amount of the TOBS (less than a little finger nail size). WOW, what a difference, got an absolutely perfect lather, didn't really want to throw it down the sink!
Happy days.

I emailed the Traditional Shaving Company as that's where I'd bought mine and got the following response...

Thanks for the feedback. You are not the only person who is having issues with the Trumpers shaving soaps, it is something that I am discussing with them at the moment. I have heard from various people that they can get a good lather out of the soaps if they use them a bit differently:

A relatively dry brush (soaked but well-shaken);
A completely dry puck of soap (no water at all);
An extended brush loading (a solid 30 seconds in my hard water);
Slowly adding water during the mixing/lather-building period (whether bowl or face).

Could you give that a try and let me know how you get on?

Going to try it tonight and report back!

mikebrownington said:
I emailed the Traditional Shaving Company as that's where I'd bought mine and got the following response...

Thanks for the feedback. You are not the only person who is having issues with the Trumpers shaving soaps, it is something that I am discussing with them at the moment. I have heard from various people that they can get a good lather out of the soaps if they use them a bit differently:

A relatively dry brush (soaked but well-shaken);
A completely dry puck of soap (no water at all);
An extended brush loading (a solid 30 seconds in my hard water);
Slowly adding water during the mixing/lather-building period (whether bowl or face).

Could you give that a try and let me know how you get on?

Going to try it tonight and report back!

Yeah, I had the same response from Matthew at TS. I also had the same result with the soap after trying the suggestion he offered. I guess it's just crap! :mad:

Greetings

The problem here is that those who purchased Trumpers soaps from one source lather ok and those that purchased them from another source will not lather at all. I am from the latter category but to be fair I bought mine from E-bay, I paid tuppence ha'penny and got a load of crap that will not lather at all no matter what you do with it and no matter how soft your water is, full stop!!

The really sad thing is that some folk have purchased trumpers hard soap from 'proper' sources and have ended up with the same not fit for purpose rubbish, those people really have a genuine gripe.

Lets be realistic it is heavens known how many years since Mr. Trumper Snr. cooked up concoctions in his cellar or wherever it was in London and now every shaving soap and cream is made by a third party and these third parties come and go according to the normal market forces ie price!

With the case of cream there is an element of consistency as the great bulk of it is made by Creightons at Peterborough and irrespective if you like their creams or not they work, by this I mean you dip a brush in it mix it up on your face or a bowl and it makes a lather; a very good one: .............wow is this not what it's meant to do?

I have not used Trumpers creams for many years the last ones I tried were just superb! They really do need to get their act together with the soaps especially as they cost many many times more than soaps that work

Regards
Dick.

I only paid €5 for mine (admittedly from Ebay) but a 85 cents Palmolive stick lathers 10x as twice as Trumper's.

Which makes me wonder; don't they have any quality control? Or don't they care?

I did also get mine from Ebay, and purchased it about a year ago. I am rather pleased with it and find it to be pretty good with a pleasant scent. A scent that does not remind me of coconut at all, but what do I know :)
I have pretty soft water, so I guess that helps

Back
Top Bottom