Turkish label Derby blades on the high street

My local spice shop has started selling Turkish labelled Derby blades, 59p for 5. It feels like the wheel has almost come full circle because the shop is a few doors up from one that used to sell Wilkinson Sword razor blades, 50p for 5.

Have you been able to get razor blade brands other than Wilkinson Sword, Personna, or Lazer from a high street shop?

Not that it matters because I bought loads of blades last month on line anyway.

Have you been able to get razor blade brands other than Wilkinson Sword, Personna, or Lazer from a high street shop?

I've regularly seen Gillette 7 o'clock black and green, and Supermax at Indian grocery shops in Southall and Rayner's Lane.

As to chains, I've only seen Wilkinson Swords.

There is an old-fashioned chemists in Buxton that sells Wilikies, but when I first visited they were selling Gillette Swedes. Needless to say, I had ALL of them (only about 20).

Ian

Used Derby's for sometime now and haven't had problems with them... But bought a sleeve of the Dorcos , when on sale last month and from the few I tried, I may be moving from Turkey east to Korea. They are a nice blade.

Local Indian (Bangladeshi/Pakistani??) grocers has the carbon steel coated Treet blades behind the counter, 99p for 10

At first outing they weren't quite a 'Treet for your face' as trailed on the packaging but I'm reserving judgement...

fatboyslimfast said:
Why not hang fire and join the Blade Bazaar PIF that's doing the rounds in the lending pool? There are a ton of blades in there (including most, if not all, of the supermaxes) - you can try loads for just the cost of posting it onto the next recipient.

Yes it's a brilliant idea but I don't feel I can take advantage of it until I have some worthwhile blades to put back in the pot. Currently I only have Wilkinson Sword, Israeli Personnas and some Orange Dorcos, all widely available.

Yeah I guess, I'd feel happier if I could contribute something though.

Ah what the hell, I've put my name down for the blades bazaar, cheers!

Thanks for the responses. The Turkish label Derbys are sold where the blade trays are in small resealable bags, presumably they originally came from a bulk pack. The cardboard backing that the bags are hung from says 'County', but they have been moved down a bit, so I can't always see the letter 'o'.

Maybe this says something about where the blades are intended to be used for.

Back
Top Bottom