uh oh....been watching vids!

Went on you tube and came across cut throat video.....I wanna try!! although I know it will be harder than it looks lol

But still they look damn cool dont they!

They do take a bit of patience but if you're prepared to either go with less than perfect results for a bit or tidy up with a safety for a while then go for it. Just make sure you get a blade with a good edge on it to start off.
Chimensch's 30th anniversary shave is one of the best out there:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIM0Coix6Gg[/youtube]

I've been at it for a few years and I still can't get a shave that is quite as close as I can with a safety but I do tend to get a more comfortable shave and get far more enjoyment using and maintaining them. Only recently got to the point where I can sharpen up ebay razors to shave ready and it really is nice to bring something back from the grave.

I like the fought of maintaining them etc and just the full style around it.

I have no problem accepting a shoddy shave and touch up with a de until I get better. Bit more research and see what my secret bank account says to me!

My first few shaves were shoddy, obvious bits missing, but from there on in it was the sort of shaves that only I knew were a bit shit.

I found not tiding up with the safety a great help, the problem areas demanded attention the next shave, as opposed to being even closer than the rest of my face. But then I started with straights when I didn't have to look presentable for work.

Back
Top Bottom