UK coffee roaster recommendations

Any recommendations for expresso..?

I have some from HasBean ( have tried Jailbreak and Blake - both ok IMO), and some from Imperial teas of Lincoln ( they do coffee as well!).

thanks

I have only just started venturing into the world of nice coffees. I went to Wittards or bought Illy / Lavazza from Amazon at first and they are good.

I recently tried Waitrose French Roast which was part of a swap with Tony and I was rather shocked at how cheap(ish) own brand coffee can taste as good as the expensive stuff. I think it is in the grind, ie. how fresh it is.

My grinder was ordered today and I am going to go through the local Tesco's range and try their Finest range and what else I can get locally at other supermarkets. I need to try a few different grinds and tastes and see what my palette prefers. I had been off coffee for months when I gave up the fags but slowly introduced it again and am not tempted to start smoking (so far) everything tastes that bit different now my taste buds are not so frazzled. I thought the normal strong coffee I liked would be too strong but no turns out I just like strong coffee.

Reading a few of the forums the online vendors seem to be a hit an a miss, will wait till I know more before venturing into the online world.

Tend to go for anything round a 4 out of five (medium dark roast). I would be interested to hear if you do find a good reliable online roaster.

Can't recommend Laurence highly enough at:

http://yorkcoffeeemporium.co.uk/

Artisan roaster and Alchemist! He created a signature blend for our business 'The Poppy Blend' and we get through 6 - 8 kg's a week. If you're happy in your knowledge of grinding and making Espresso pm me and I'll send you a sample. Mikael tried some and really enjoyed it, just a little costly shipping it to Sweden.

Back
Top Bottom