Ultimate coffee table/bathroom book

Hiya,

I'm guessing most of you aren't familiar with the name Ricky Jay but might recognize his face. No matter, but he's probably best known for 'magic tricks' of a different sort. Quite the showman/entertainer!

Saw his one man show in the late 80s being performed in a very intimate venue and it was a kick. Let me just mention another passion of his, which was collecting automatons. Pretty amazing inventions for anyone unfamiliar with those.

Anyway, please get this book containing lots of short subjects (even a dwarf magician) and very amusing reading. I've given some away over the years and have one here also.

Martin

Attachments

• 61HTt5LIhdL._SL500_.jpg
    61HTt5LIhdL._SL500_.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 13
Hiya,

I'm guessing most of you aren't familiar with the name Ricky Jay but might recognize his face. No matter, but he's probably best known for 'magic tricks' of a different sort. Quite the showman/entertainer!

Saw his one man show in the late 80s being performed in a very intimate venue and it was a kick. Let me just mention another passion of his, which was collecting automatons. Pretty amazing inventions for anyone unfamiliar with those.

Anyway, please get this book containing lots of short subjects (even a dwarf magician) and very amusing reading. I've given some away over the years and have one here also.

Martin
I have never heard of this guy but I will look in to him and what he does.
:)

Paul.

My favourite coffee table book is a copy of Helmut Newton's Sumo. Admittedly it's not the full size Sumo but even the smaller one is expensive, large and heavy and packed full of his iconic stylish photography. It's not for everyone, and you couldn't have it at work, I have to hide it if aunts or priests are likely to pop round for a cuppa (unlikely!) and my ex was vaguely uncomfortable with it. Which reminds me, I can get it out again! It's got a fair bit of artistic nudity but in my opinion is well away from crossing the line to pr0n. Quite a few very well known people are in it, although they are mostly (very well) dressed.

I have two personal favourite "coffee table" books....Crystal Lake Memories by Peter M. Bracke and Lovely Jubbly - 40 Years Of Only Fools And Horses by Jim Sullivan and Mike Jones. Crystal Lake Memories is about the Friday The 13th horror movie franchise. I have both of these and they're fairly hefty books. I keep them on my coffee table in my living room, as I don't have a bookcase large enough to put them.
(No one has commented on either of these books when they have come to my home, but that's their loss).

Back
Top Bottom