ULTIMATE Razor & Blade Combinations

Rev-O said:
I agree with lots of the suggestions here but would add Merkur HD + Derby (heavy razors, not-too-sharp blade = good shave)

I also find my best shaves come from a combination of smooth blade, heavy razor and as many passes as required .

But like everybody on this thread I am becoming curious about these thins.

Fido said:
I'll be happy with four good shaves but I will try for 6 and see what happens.

Keep those posts going. Love your sense of humour!

fozz77 said:
Truly a gem of a blade. Thanks for putting the word out HM.

Thank Teiste for posting his SOTD here - I noticed that he used the GSTs a lot, I'd seen the on sale and not really given it a second thought but his adherence made the decision for me to try them to see if they were any good.

Thought I would resurrect this.
I am beginning to understand the importance of the razor/blade match.
A sure fire winner for me is the combination of my old Flare tip rocket and a Feather.
Gillette Super thins are too sharp for me with my Muhle R41. It came with the not so sharp Derby Extra - are they trying to tell us something? I will give that a try.
Red personna go well with my Merkur 38C. With a Kai, that razor gave me my only serious burn.
So it is important to find the blade which works best for you for each razor in your collection.

I posted a massively lengthy record of my blade evaluations with a Tech over on B&B, finally settling on the Feather. I've now used only feather blades in a few other razors and all have been excellent - my question is, having just ordered a Flare Tip SuperSpeed, should I go through the 10 blade evaluation all over again?

I'm seriously harbouring the suspicion that the feather will still be the best....

Back
Top Bottom