Ultralight Shaving Setup Advice

You could shave another few grams off by having an aluminium baseplate ... or squeeze that tiny bit more than that by switching to a Sterling. Actually, the Lord L5 while it looks every bit like a Sterling is more like the Gillette "Double Edge" as the Sterling was once known a couple (or more) decades ago.

Not necessarily practical advice, but fun thinking through the most lightweight.

You have got me thinking about that Muhle brush for travel. I usually just take canned goo but that would open up the idea of a tube of cream.

It's probably a bit late to chip in on this one from the OP's point of view, but for anybody looking for a really light shaving kit when I go backpacking I use a Merkur 45 bakelite razor and Somersets shaving oil, followed by some Lucky Tiger balm carried in a little Nalgene bottle. The oil isn't as good as a proper lather but does the job. The Merkur razor weighs well under 30g and is excellent, as is the Lucky Tiger

I am back from walking the Cotswold Way and very enjoyable it was too. I have only ever driven through the Cotswolds before so wasn’t too sure what to expect but it really is a lovely part of the world. My shaving setup worked perfectly and the Mühle STF Travel Brush is superb. Thanks to all who offered advice and recommendations, it is much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom