Union Jack

Gents, I just had a silly thought - I've got Castle Forbes and I've got DR Harris. Apart from the foreigners, of course :) So, do you know if there are any (bespoke perhaps) Irish and Welsh shaving creams? Thought I'd mix them into a super-union-jack-lather :icon_twisted: Just for the kicks, of course.

P.S. no, I'm not twelve.

hunnymonster said:
Isn't Castle Forbes based in Woking (I know their site makes it all sound like it's in the old dairy at the castle, but they used to have a Woking phone number...)

http://www.isurrey.co.uk/profile/324550/Woking/Castle-Forbes-Collection-Ltd/

Probably a central office. But everyone's outsourcing everything these days anyway, don't know :) What about Fine Scottish Soaps then?

hunnymonster said:
Your best bet would be to send Nanny on holiday ;)

Actually, I think this is a great idea that she could sometime implement. Limited (or not) edition soaps for each country with distinct scents and ingredients. Thistle, lily, rose and so on :) I bet it'll sell.

Well here's a link to a Welsh soap supplier (The Soap Shed), to throw into the mix. Found them this week and ordered a few. I'll let you know what they are like.

http://www.thesoapshed.co.uk/products.shtml

:icon_razz::icon_razz:

Not wishing to be pedantic, but I come from the Republic of Ireland......so not really relevant to the Union Jack. Of course you could expand the idea to include all the former colonies, thereby entitling you to have an enormous collection.:icon_lol:

erik1963 said:
Well here's a link to a Welsh soap supplier (The Soap Shed), to throw into the mix. Found them this week and ordered a few. I'll let you know what they are like.

http://www.thesoapshed.co.uk/products.shtml

:icon_razz::icon_razz:

Hmmmm...I'm not optimistic about this shaving soap, but hey, you never know. Please let us know how you get on with it.

soapalchemist said:
Not wishing to be pedantic, but I come from the Republic of Ireland......so not really relevant to the Union Jack. Of course you could expand the idea to include all the former colonies, thereby entitling you to have an enormous collection.:icon_lol:

Just loving the thought of that ENORMOUS collection.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:/

soapalchemist said:

Well if you want to take it a step further, Wales also as no representation on the Union Jack, always been a big bone of contention with me, Rorke's drift more VC won by Welsh soldiers in any single battle in the history of the British army, Welsh people for size of population have probably lost more people prepotionally than the English but this injustice as never been put right, when you consider all the liberal bullshit bend over backwards to help militant Islamic groups and hate preaching Clerics and a thousand other institutions that would be more than glad to se the UK get flushed down the toilet and the Welsh nation in times of need have always stood shoulder to shoulder with all the oher british it does look and sound bad.

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom