Union Jack

pugh-the-special-one said:
soapalchemist said:
Not wishing to be pedantic, but I come from the Republic of Ireland......so not really relevant to the Union Jack. Of course you could expand the idea to include all the former colonies, thereby entitling you to have an enormous collection.:icon_lol:

Well if you want to take it a step further, Wales also as no representation on the Union Jack, always been a big bone of contention with me, Rorke's drift more VC won by Welsh soldiers in any single battle in the history of the British army, Welsh people for size of population have probably lost more people prepotionally than the English but this injustice as never been put right, when you consider all the liberal bullshit bend over backwards to help militant Islamic groups and hate preaching Clerics and a thousand other institutions that would be more than glad to se the UK get flushed down the toilet and the Welsh nation in times of need have always stood shoulder to shoulder with all the oher british it does look and sound bad.

Jamie

I think the fighting Irish would have a better argument with the above. The 24th (South Wales Borderers) wasn't actually a Welsh (Home recruiting) until after that battle, as before that they were the 24th (2nd Warwickshire's).

Only two of the VC recipients at Rorke's Drift were Welsh.

Below is a break down of birth certificated nationalities to as close as the research has come with regards to that Regiment (detachment) at the Drift.

28 Irish
61 English
1 French
2 India
1 New Zealand
2 Scotland
3 South Africa
1 Swiss
25 Wales/Monmouth
36 unknown

The Union Jack (Union Flag) is down to the Jocks, as it was under King James I (James VI of Scotland) when the first flag was represented.

pugh-the-special-one said:
soapalchemist said:
Not wishing to be pedantic, but I come from the Republic of Ireland......so not really relevant to the Union Jack. Of course you could expand the idea to include all the former colonies, thereby entitling you to have an enormous collection.:icon_lol:

Well if you want to take it a step further, Wales also as no representation on the Union Jack, always been a big bone of contention with me, Rorke's drift more VC won by Welsh soldiers in any single battle in the history of the British army, Welsh people for size of population have probably lost more people prepotionally than the English but this injustice as never been put right, when you consider all the liberal bullshit bend over backwards to help militant Islamic groups and hate preaching Clerics and a thousand other institutions that would be more than glad to se the UK get flushed down the toilet and the Welsh nation in times of need have always stood shoulder to shoulder with all the oher british it does look and sound bad.

Jamie

Absobloodylutely Jamie. +1.

Back
Top Bottom