UNUTA 77

Losing track of which blades I've tried here....

Lada's...to me these feel nice and smooth though not quite as sharp as the Sputnicks. I only got one shave from them before they felt blunted.......close-ish shave

Rapira Platinum Lux...these felt sharp but quite rough and tuggy on the first pass.........a close shave, but not a blade I would want to use again...unless I was desperate.

Sputnicks are still winning so far...

New to DE and have been reading a lot about DE blades on the forum, Unuta 77 been mentioned on selling quality blades, was looking at his sample pack of 40 blades for near £10 and 100 blade pack for near £14, works out £4 more for 60 extra blades, the 100 blades pack was not mixed so emailed him last week to see if he can do me 20 Voskhod, 20 Sputnik, 20 Rapira Swedish, 20 Rapira Lux and 20 Ladas for the same price as the 100 pack, he emailed me yesterday saying to buy the 100 pack and he will do the list i gave him for the same price, now reading all this i'm thinking have i done the right thing or should i have gone for the Gillette Yellows 100 for £10.99 at TSS.

SamuraiJack said:
...so emailed him last week to see if he can do me 20 Voskhod, 20 Sputnik, 20 Rapira Swedish, 20 Rapira Lux and 20 Ladas for the same price as the 100 pack, he emailed me yesterday saying to buy the 100 pack and he will do the list i gave him for the same price, now reading all this i'm thinking have i done the right thing or should i have gone for the Gillette Yellows 100 for £10.99 at TSS.

Those are all very good blades for a good price. Don't worry you have made a good decision. If there is a blade that you don't get on with you'll only have to trade 19 of them with someone rather than 99.

You've almost certainly made the right decision...We all experience blades differently, depending on beard type, sensitivity of skin, razor used etc.......

What I find to be a superb blade, you may not like at all....So try them all and make up your own mind Kid..

My favourite blades to date are Gillette Yellows, Feathers, Permasharps', Astra Sps' and now Sputnicks....some people hate Feathers and Gillette Yellows as being too sharp, rough or whatever....But I love 'em.....so give as many types as you can a try...I am only sharing my own personal observations of these Russian blades.....you may love all of 'em...and they are a quality blade at a good price...they just don't suit me...

Cheers all, i think that would be the best way to find out, as mentioned i can always trade the one that don't suit me for another type, the Gillette Yellow is talked about a lot.

frank06 said:
So far just used the Rapira Swedish in a slant and i got a nice smooth shave.Can`t wait to try the others in the sampler pack.

The Swedes are great, it's a close heat between them and the Personna Lab Blues for my favourite blade.

frank06 said:
So far just used the Rapira Swedish in a slant and i got a nice smooth shave.Can`t wait to try the others in the sampler pack.

The Voskhods are my current favourite, out of the sample pack, so far, the Sputniks are also proving to be good too.

I ordered 100 Swedish Super Steel on 6th from unuta and hoping they'll be here soon. I have definitely calmed down a lot with buying blades as the curiosity isn't peaked anymore. I do like these and it's a shame they're not available nationally

NotTheStig said:
I ordered 100 Swedish Super Steel on 6th from unuta and hoping they'll be here soon. I have definitely calmed down a lot with buying blades as the curiosity isn't peaked anymore. I do like these and it's a shame they're not available nationally

I'm with you on those Swedes and I'll also echo the positive comments on the Sputter Knickers - sharp and smooth. Still, the Rapira Pink SS are amazing VFM.

TP, I ain't a lover of the Yellows either, nor the Greens tbh.

Andrey is certainly a highly reputable and very reliable seller. :D

Yeah the Spotnicks are very good. Yellows I find pretty good after one pass and the greens require quite a light touch or they can leave me a bit sore. They do the job well though.
These RSS are super-smooth from the off and very sharp

I have tried the Voskhods and love them, very sharp and smooth, tried the Rapira SS and did not like them very much, will give them a few more tries and see, still left to try are Sputniks, Ladas and Rapira Lux.

just used a sputnik tonight and im very impressed with it, sharp and smooth, a great blade. i told myself this morning i wasnt going to get anymore blades, i have way too many to be healthy, but i may get a cheeky 50 of these.

isaiah53 said:
just used a sputnik tonight and im very impressed with it, sharp and smooth, a great blade. i told myself this morning i wasnt going to get anymore blades, i have way too many to be healthy, but i may get a cheeky 50 of these.

Have you tried the Voskhods? I said after my first shave that they may prove to be my new favourite, two packs later it turned out to be correct. Although I've now had two shaves out of my newly acquired Personna blue med prep blades and I'm thinking that these might surpass the short lived favourite Voskhods! Still a great blade though.

Scott.

Re: RE: UNUTA 77

Sm304 said:
isaiah53 said:

Have you tried the Voskhods? I said after my first shave that they may prove to be my new favourite, two packs later it turned out to be correct. Although I've now had two shaves out of my newly acquired Personna blue med prep blades and I'm thinking that these might surpass the short lived favourite Voskhods! Still a great blade though.

Scott.

Have you tried the Rapira Swedish Supersteels.

They for me have surpassed all else.

I may have to work out the best way to import some of these blades in bulk for as little as possible, and the distribute in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom