Vaping (smoking replacement)

Do we have any vapers here?

I'm considering a vapour system and could do with some advice.
I used to be a heavy smoker, smoked between 10 and 20 a day for years and then about 2 years ago I sort of "gave up". When I say I gave up I stopped smoking that amount, and cut it down so that for quite a few days in any given week I don't smoke at all however every few days I can't avoid the odd one. Usually when drinking (maybe once or twice a week) and maybe a couple per day if work is stressful. Total of about 5-10 a week now.

Unfortunately I'm finding I can't cut it out totally, but I don't like the smell or the health risk hence I'm now considering using a vapour system for those few occasions where I need a little nicotine hit.

What would people reccomend? I'm thinking of the Innokin AIO so that I have a charged unit always available for the odd go.

http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/innokin-aio-pcc-kit~299

Any views welcome.

I've used e-cigs which are essentially all the same thing, looks like a cigarette and when you draw on it the end glows red for a more 'natural' effect. You get the hit from the nicotine and some smoke like vapour which tastes either like tabacco, menthol or whatever flavour you buy. The ingredients that carry the nicotine are apparently just the same as in an inhaler, so not harmful. There are a lot out there now VIP, E-lites etc, if you do a search for e-cigs there are plenty. It's a lot cheaper and you can use indoors so no standing out in the cold!
I've seen other vaping devices which have a small tank you can refill but I've not used one. Maybe get a disposable e-cig to start and if it works move on, loads of those to choose from too for less than a tenner.

Yes I'm sorry, my fault and I should have said that I've tried using the disposable ones. I've had a couple and found them disappointing, very little vapour / smoke, harsh throat hit, and no nicotine rush at all even after 3 days of no fags. I was told that the proper liquid vapor ones were far, far better. I'm hoping so!

I've been vaping since September and have converted a few ppl too. I quit a 40 year smoking habit over night. Avoid anything that looks like a cigArette it's crap tbh! What you want is an ego type battery + an atomiser. Buy 2 so you always have a charged battery to hand. There's a forum called ukvapors where you can learn all you need to know. The hardest thing is finding flavours you like there's literally hundreds to choose from. I picked up my first ego bAttery + atomiser( the bit the juice goes in) for £14.00. They use a USB charger and last about 8 hours on full charge.

jcr said:
I've been vaping since September and have converted a few ppl too. I quit a 40 year smoking habit over night. Avoid anything that looks like a cigArette it's crap tbh! What you want is an ego type battery + an atomiser. Buy 2 so you always have a charged battery to hand. There's a forum called ukvapors where you can learn all you need to know. The hardest thing is finding flavours you like there's literally hundreds to choose from. I picked up my first ego bAttery + atomiser( the bit the juice goes in) for £14.00. They use a USB charger and last about 8 hours on full charge.

Hi, I have been told that I have to give up smoking. So I tried a Gamucci system (e-cig) and found them to be crap and expensive ! I was looking at one a guy at the doctors had it looked like a cigar and he told me it was a tank system and it works a lot better as you get a better draw and more vapour. Is this what you have? If so where did you get it from?

missingskin said:
jcr said:

Hi, I have been told that I have to give up smoking. So I tried a Gamucci system (e-cig) and found them to be crap and expensive ! I was looking at one a guy at the doctors had it looked like a cigar and he told me it was a tank system and it works a lot better as you get a better draw and more vapour. Is this what you have? If so where did you get it from?

Just stop, they are just a different delivery system for the same drug. The tar and other chemicals may cause the majority of the health aspects but nicotine is still a poison, its 2nd largest usage after smoking is as an insecticide.

[/quote]

for a good starter kit- http://www.cig-eliquid.co.uk/eGo_1100_mah_CE42b_starter_kit/p649230_5033555.aspx

and for the juice that you inhale- http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/5ml-samplers-%2818mg%29~368

id recommend 2 of the batteries to get you started and a few small sample bottles of different flavour juices. ry4 is a very popular flavour so is peanut butter.

add discount code UKV for 10% off at vapeescape

Someone I know has been stopped by the Police whilst walking around with something like one of these. They didn't have much of an idea what it was, well at least not the right idea ! To be honest he's a total prat and enjoyed being sarcastic back to the Police. He also like to tinker around with things and it did indeed look slightly dodgy.

I've always been a none smoker, but my father was quite a heavy smoker from the age of 12. So after seeing him try to give up, I have an appreciation of how addictive smoking is. It was in the end his downfall and he passed away with lung cancer.

I would say if you want to give up try anything, it may work for you it may not. It's all to easy for people to say what they MAY do to you. In the end it's a personal choice and you have to really want to give them up.

All the best.

Ran out of fags and Baccy yesterday and bought one of these.

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk

Forgetting the health risks and smell I've enjoyed smoking for 20 years but with young kids I need to stop for health and money reasons

I've only ever tried champix (3times) each time gave up for 8 months.

Used this last night and today and it's a better way for a nicotine fix

May I suggest you to visit planetofthevapes.co.uk it's a brilliant, helpful forum dedicated to vaping, mostly UK folk and you will get tons on info and suggestions on there.

I've been a vaper for almost 2 years and still going, I started with rechargeable cigarette lookalike, after 8 months changed to ego batteries and tank system, a month after that bought a variable wattage mod (vamo) and been using vamo + dripper combo at home and ego and small tank when I'm out.

Oh this is a pretty old thread, I've had a Kanger Protank and ego battery setup for about 6-8 months now. Before that I had the whole ego system but found the combined atty head / tank holder tasted burnt way too quickly. The fact that the Kanger has replaceable atty heads which work out only a quid a go is much better, plus they can be cleaned and reused a couple of times.

Canuck said:
Do we have any vapers here?

I'm considering a vapour system and could do with some advice.
I used to be a heavy smoker, smoked between 10 and 20 a day for years and then about 2 years ago I sort of "gave up". When I say I gave up I stopped smoking that amount, and cut it down so that for quite a few days in any given week I don't smoke at all however every few days I can't avoid the odd one. Usually when drinking (maybe once or twice a week) and maybe a couple per day if work is stressful. Total of about 5-10 a week now.

Unfortunately I'm finding I can't cut it out totally, but I don't like the smell or the health risk hence I'm now considering using a vapour system for those few occasions where I need a little nicotine hit.

What would people reccomend? I'm thinking of the Innokin AIO so that I have a charged unit always available for the odd go.

http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/innokin-aio-pcc-kit~299

Any views welcome.

Do it! It's the best thing I ever did and I've been vaping for four years now (with my doctors approval). Tried everything else to kick the fags and this is the only one that works.

Speak to Keith or Lisa at:

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/

They will help you understand all the different systems available and what would suit you best. I personally use a custom built epipe with a tank system. Feel free to PM me if you need any detailed advise.

Best
Sean

Canuck said:
Oh this is a pretty old thread, I've had a Kanger Protank and ego battery setup for about 6-8 months now. Before that I had the whole ego system but found the combined atty head / tank holder tasted burnt way too quickly. The fact that the Kanger has replaceable atty heads which work out only a quid a go is much better, plus they can be cleaned and reused a couple of times.

Ah didn't realise the date :blush: I have a Kanger T3 (I think) that goes well with Ego batteries after a year still use it, I re-wick the heads my self as I have wicfk and wire for everything else. Too bad ecigs are going to be restricted though. :icon_cry2:

Back
Top Bottom