Vaping (smoking replacement)

I've been "vaping" a fortnight and dont really miss the cigars if Im honest. Bought a starter kit from here http://www.miragecigarettes.co.uk/

Im using the cigar and the turkish e-liquid at the moment can anyone recommend any other flavours. It says the e-liquid is very toxic to skin, what would happen ? thanks dave

Is anyone else mixing their own eliquids? It's really not difficult and you don't have to wait on the postman when you're running low. There's only 4 liquids to mix and you can adjust the nicotine level to gradually wean you off the chemical addiction. There's plenty of online calculators to get the quantities right.

ShavingAl said:
Is anyone else mixing their own eliquids? It's really not difficult and you don't have to wait on the postman when you're running low. There's only 4 liquids to mix and you can adjust the nicotine level to gradually wean you off the chemical addiction. There's plenty of online calculators to get the quantities right.

I've only been vaping a fortnight so know nothing about self mixing e-liquids. Is it safe and what are the financial benefits ?

It's a vegetable oil chiefly, obviously it'll often have some nicotine in it. Not all e liquids do.

Agio: Flavours are a really personal thing and you just have to try. My favourite is Cafe Braziliano by decadent vapours and I occasionally enjoy some black cat by Grizwalds, that one seems very popular. It tastes like those black Jack chewy sweets.

AGIO said:
ShavingAl said:

I've only been vaping a fortnight so know nothing about self mixing e-liquids. Is it safe and what are the financial benefits ?

It worked out a quite a bit less – I've just worked out it costs me about 90p for 10ml of 10mg strength and about £1.30 for 10ml of 18mg strength - For me it was more about just being able to mix up what I want and when. I travel a lot so if I need to go away at short notice I just mix up a batch as I've got all the ingredients in house ready to go.

Is it safe? For the flavourings and nicotine I only buy from reputable (large English) companies and the PG and VG I buy pharmaceutical grade. This way I'm actually more confident on what is in it than the stuff made a shed in the far east by kids. I can but much cheaper concentrates but I've only done this once and didn't use it because it had hair and fluff floating in it!

If you follow the quantities on any of the online calculators (after specifying the nicotine level you want) then you can't go wrong - you've got to be a way out from the measurements to make a significant change from say 10mg to 18mg (which is still not bad as it's what a lot of people use). I bought a syringe and needle from thebay to make measuring easier which also helps to reach the bottom of the bottles.

There is an initial outlay for the ingredients (the nicotine being the most expensive which is why I've put two values at the top) I use Titanium Ice 72mg as my nicotine and have gradually lowered my nicotine levels down to my current 10mg by changing the values in the mixing calculator.

Al H said:
CelticRoots said:
Nothing happens really.

Just gets a bit irritated if you don't wash off.

Have you got a link to the ingredients mate

The “base” is PG and VG Propylene Glycol (PG) and Glycerine (Usually referred to as VG or AG when it's thinned a bit with water to make it less gloopy) this base in a lot of the pre mixed liquids is around 80% PG 20% VG.

Then its flavourings which depend on where you buy them makes up about 15% although no ingredients are specified (the base is PG so assume this plus flavour (no warning labels on the flavours))

Concentrated nicotine supplied in either PG or VG which is then diluted down with the base and the flavourings to the right concentrations – this is the toxic bit so you shouldn't splash it around.

Obviously if you are mixing it yourself you are dealing with higher concentrations of nicotine that pre mixed but you don't touch it you just suck it up in a syringe and put it in another bottle.

home bargains now have this brand

http://www.airpure.com/products/e-cigarette/18mg-e-cig-liquid

in 10 ml bottles 18mg for £1.49

the flavours they had yesterday in my local were

tobbacco
menthol
energy (red bull)
blueberry

12 months off the analogues now. Love vaping.

Had one of my mates Marlboro's the other day... Tasted disgusting!

Only thing i miss is the First fag of the day dizziness, which i'm sure wasnt good for you, but enjoyed it nonetheless - donr seem to get that with the E-Cigs even puffing 24mg.

Back
Top Bottom