Very disappointed with Muhle V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duped and suckered mean virtually the same thing don't they? ;)

Vetinari said:
I'd really like to know if people think that (as pictured in the post above) is an acceptable way for a supposed top end brush to behave?

If it is then it looks as if I've just been suckered into wasting my money. If not I will probably try for a refund.

You really are a sanctimonious little prick aren't you? Not only do you not accept there may be a differing opinion to yours on how a brush behaves you're even willing to conjure up an imaginary fault to justify your claims because it's actually more likely you're unwilling or unable to alter your technique. Maybe you'll get a refund and maybe you wont but believing members are at fault for cajoling you into separating you from your money is absolutely priceless, clearly it's not only the brush that's lacking in backbone.

Oh and here's some advice for free...£32 does not constitute "top end" in anybody's brush collection not even one as minor as yours so perhaps your expectations were a little on the high side, heh that's forum talk for you.

antdad said:
Duped and suckered mean virtually the same thing don't they?

Not to me. Duped necessarily implies dishonesty and I never suspected anyone of being dishonest.

You really are a sanctimonious little prick aren't you?

How is that refund for your fees at charm school coming along? You really do have a cast iron case.

Not only do you not accept there may be a differing opinion to yours on how a brush behaves

Where do you get that idea from?

How can anyone possibly not accept that someone has an opinion differing from ones own?

You seem to be seeing what you want to see to back up your own prejudices.

you're even willing to conjure up an imaginary fault to justify your claims

There is a photo on this thread.

Not a single person has said that the demonstrated problem is 'imaginary'.

Quite honestly, you are coming across as a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic, seeing things that are not there and wilfully ignoring what is.

Maybe you'll get a refund and maybe you wont but believing members are at fault for cajoling you into separating you from your money is absolutely priceless

Perhaps it would be if it were true but it isn't.

The only reason I mentioned the recommendations here was to explain why I shelled out £36 on a brush when I already had one that only cost £12 and works very well.

clearly it's not only the brush that's lacking in backbone.

Well, given the clearly visible lack of anything at the centre I think that comment is yet another example of your detachment from reality.

Oh and here's some advice for free...£32 does not constitute "top end" in anybody's brush collection

I use 'top end' to mean one that is functionally at the top end of those available. I'm not interested in gold handled brushes made from Mongolian silk badger.

not even one as minor as yours

That doesn't even make sense.

No matter how small ones collection the best/most expensive (depending on your criteria) brush is the top end (of it).

Your hate filled little diatribe consists of either absurd misrepresentations or illogical nonsense.

I suggest you try and calm down a bit and get a more realistic perspective. At least try and read what has been written rather than what you think you can use to be obnoxious.

Threads of this nature, that descend into insults and arguments, are getting more common, and I for one am starting to tire of it to a point where I'm spending much less time here, and less inclined to make a contribution to the forum.

Ian

IanM said:
Threads of this nature, that descend into insults and arguments, are getting more common, and I for one am starting to tire of it to a point where I'm spending much less time here, and less inclined to make a contribution to the forum.

Ian

+1

I think that everyone needs to calm down. You're allowing a discussion over a shave brush to bring out some seriously unpleasant comments. You may be upset about how Member X, Y, or Z phrased an argument or statement, but in the end it's all a huge mess over a SHAVE BRUSH. Let's keep things in perspective.

It is unfortunate that the OP had such a bad experience with his brush and it is unfortunate that he chose to address the issue in such a confrontational way, but we've all had instances where a product fell disastrously short of our expectations and we maybe reacted a bit over the top. Both sides have valid points to their arguments, but unless folks are willing to concede to that and move on then this thread will simply continue to spiral into a pointless back and forth, and it should probably be closed.

The OP was trying to put forth his bad experience as a cautionary tale, others were trying to point out that one or two instances of imperfection does not mean that the whole line is flawed. Both of these viewpoints could have been expressed without all of the vitriol and maybe even have helped a newbie to decide for themselves whether or not to buy the brush. It's really too bad that this is not what happened. After all, aren't we all here to try to help each other out?

Helveticum said:
You must've gotten beaten in school rather often.

Actually, my height and build meant that the bullies usually looked elsewhere.

And they usually did it when I wasn't watching as I take a very dim view of bullying.

Which is why I make a point of replying to bullies such as yourself and antdad who use their 'established' status here to try and bludgeon those with opinions they dislike into silence.

And before anyone tries to deny this is a factor, you might like to consider the hypocrisy displayed by those who are whining like schoolgirls because I made an honest complaint about a product I felt was not up to scratch but are quite happy to overlook such gems as:

"P.S. oh, and just to be in line with a tone of the topic - that Kent is pure shite."
"Kent is still shite. "
"You really are a sanctimonious little prick aren't you?"

But I suppose we have to accept that those of limited intelligence who are unable to articulate in a civilised manner may need to resort to ill tempered and puerile retorts such as those quoted.

Apologies to those who were prepared to discuss things in a civilised manner, and thanks to those who offered intelligent and helpful comments. (Actually the majority of posters, if not posts.)

Mr Happy said:
IanM said:

Ian

+1

+2

Dipesh said:
Mr Happy said:
IanM said:

Ian

+1

+2

+3 All too often of late, it's not quite the same place it was when I first joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom