Victorinox Swiss Army Knife

pugh-the-special-one said:
If I were you Steve I would buy myself a Leatherman multi tool.
http://www.heinnie.com/Pocket-Tools/Leatherman-Multi-Tools/c-1-94-222/

Jamie.

I'll second that I usually carry a Juice CS4 in my Airflo game bag and a bit set with it. It has everything I need on it to repair a PC (or server) as well as being splendid for all usual every day tasks. It is also UK legal as is the Swiss Army knife - which helps.
I prefer it over a SAK because of the quality of the pliers and the scissors as well as the different bits it can take, torx are very handy these days.

I carry a Leatherman Micra if I'm going light weight which, again, is a nice little package with very good scissors.

The Warranty is also a winner.

Aye the various Leatherman tools are great pieces of kit but it'll be up to you if you need all the functions of one, Steve. I have a SwissTool X which is built like the proverbial Challenger tank though it's not exactly a pocket tool. Mine is a locker too so not for everyday carry anyway unless your job gave you the necessary reason.

Haha, John's gone all agricultural - ee arr, anymore fertiliser? Oi bet ee's a coider drinker an' all....:D

whitby knives who deal with leatherman are excellent...i sent my wave to them with blade play...got a brand new updated model sent back...highly recomended

Gairdner said:
Aye the various Leatherman tools are great pieces of kit but it'll be up to you if you need all the functions of one, Steve. I have a SwissTool X which is built like the proverbial Challenger tank though it's not exactly a pocket tool. Mine is a locker too so not for everyday carry anyway unless your job gave you the necessary reason.

Haha, John's gone all agricultural - ee arr, anymore fertiliser? Oi bet ee's a coider drinker an' all....:D

Fertiliser? Use that to blow things up round eere treeees,rocks,trespassers.
My cousin darrrvid has been on TV sellin those gambling chips to 32 red.

Fertiliser makes grand smoke bombs - smokes out them there pesky lurvers from me 'ayloft. I don't got none o' that Tellyvision round 'ere. Would just get in the way of me coider drinkin', ye see.

Gairdner said:
Fertiliser makes grand smoke bombs - smokes out them there pesky lurvers from me 'ayloft. I don't got none o' that Tellyvision round 'ere. Would just get in the way of me coider drinkin', ye see.

LOL Coider we make ourrrr ownn round earrr,good drinkin cousin darrrvid don't drink no coider....he drinks his owwn pisss swear's by it says it'll put hears on your chest.

Oi just spat me tea owt! Shouldn't be drinkin' no tea neither. If its not coider, I's not drinkin' it an' that's that! Cousin Darrrvid smells loike his own piss so I's not going round 'is no more! Got piss fer brains, ee 'as!

I's be thinkin' we 'as derailed this here thread. Stevie boy will be along in jiffy shoutin', "Git orrfff moi thread!!!"

Gairdner said:
Oi just spat me tea owt! Shouldn't be drinkin' no tea neither. If its not coider, I's not drinkin' it an' that's that! Cousin Darrrvid smells loike his own piss so I's not going round 'is no more! Got piss fer brains, ee 'as!

I's be thinkin' we 'as derailed this here thread. Stevie boy will be along in jiffy shoutin', "Git orrfff moi thread!!!"

LOL beeest behave ourselves oooorrr we'll get some buckshot up the arsse:icon_eek:

I have 2 (VERY) comprehensive first aid kits, one in each car, which we take wherever we go - and in each one is a Huntsman:
huntsman_lite_lg.jpg

But I have to say my daily knife of choice is a Gerber Suspension.
41671195_9476717.JPG

All were under £20 each

Gairdner said:
The Tinker is a wee gem Steve and will serve you well. It's what Chris Lubkemann uses in his Little Book of Whittling and has a great range of tools for a small but sturdy pocket knife. My choice, simply because I'm a rough git on things is the Wenger Soldier which is very nearly identical to the old Victorinox Soldier. Victorinox own Wenger these days and they're both fantastic quality at little money. Here's mine:

show_image.php

More importantly, you don't need a good reason to carry either of these as they are non-locking and the main blade is under 3".

These are good because the metal scales are thinner and better attached than the traditional red plastic ones, which come off quite easily, as well as being grippier.

I, too, carry knives a lot: a small SAK on keys, a stag handled Trevor Ablett for fishing (doubles as a priest, heavy enough to dispatch a large trout with a few sharp taps) and a few others in various bags and pockets. My favourite SAK-style folder is a multiblade jobbie by CK Tools, sadly they seem to have discontinued it.

I have a Gerber Suspension in my lunch bag that I have to hand most of the time.
But seeing this thread has made me want either a Tinker or a Soldier to have on my keyring.
I may treat myself to a post-Christmas present.

On the bit about Swiss Army knives and size, I have a Champ.

I would say first up, its too big to carry around in your pocket. Also the tools on the Champ in my opinion I feel aren't strong enough. It your after something with tools on it go for a Gerber or the likes. These are a lot better and stronger, my champ is years old with not a mark on it, not because of the quality, more I think it will break so use a Swiss Army Tool instead. Now that is a good solid knife. As for a small pocket knife I use a Laguiole.

[attachment=6228]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355916003.468978.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355916003.468978.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom