Vintage Brush Handles ?

Found some more Vintage Brushes that were in a real grotty way so i clipped the Knots off and i'm gonna have some restored by Bill (Bejay).

Got two Butterscotch ones today, along with some other bits, don't know what the smaller of the two butterscotch ones is, but the bigger one looks like a chubby......chubby 1 ???, can anyone confirm ?

Also, can anyone ID the other butterscotch one ?, possibly just a no name generic brush ?

96d94e96.jpg

0181d361.jpg

9817545c.jpg

a1fcfd74.jpg

8c462999.jpg

951e632e.jpg

They are going to be some lovely brushes Steve. I had my vintage redone by Beejay. He did a fantastic job. It feels like he injects a bit of life and soul into these old brushes.

Here's one of mine:

b25efc0d.jpg

Sorry I can't help on the ID, it looks like a chubby but the bottom is a tad different to vintage Chubbys that I've seen pics of. Maybe It's worth asking Gary Young?

I think the waist is too narrow for it to be a Chubby but it'll be stamped if it is?
I've no idea what the other one is but its a very attractive handle.
They're all lovely Steve, well done on another good score.:icon_smile:
regards, beejay

Yeah, very nice handles indeed, but I think the loft is to short for me, but I´m sure you know what you´re doing Steve :D

Mikael said:
Yeah, very nice handles indeed, but I think the loft is to short for me, but I´m sure you know what you´re doing Steve :D

the pointy butterscotch one is for precise lathering for the top lip area !!!

will post pics after Bejay has worked his usual magic on them !!

sunburyboy93 said:
Mikael said:

the pointy butterscotch one is for precise lathering for the top lip area !!!

will post pics after Bejay has worked his usual magic on them !!

Yes, I can see that, that one would work very nicely on the English market :angel:

Bill´ll make his magic and then they´ll look awesome, I´m not a huge butterscot fan, but they all look wonderful

beejay said:
I think the waist is too narrow for it to be a Chubby but it'll be stamped if it is?
regards, beejay

Not all of our brushes were stamped with the 'Simpson' lampblacking - we made a heck of a lot of 'unbranded' brushes for various outlets, chemists, etc.
We also made variations of regular brush designs for certain customers.
Steve - yeah it is a Chubby. The other butterscotch looks like another one of our old variations. I will dig out some old design sketches and let you know

Gary

Gary Young said:
Steve - yeah it is a Chubby. The other butterscotch looks like another one of our old variations. I will dig out some old design sketches and let you know

Gary

Hi Gary,

Nice to see you still lurking here and responding to questions. I've got a brush I believe your company made, but no idea when it was produced or what grade or what size the thing is. It's my favorite of my small rotation, and I'll try and find some pics soon, now that I know you still look in sometimes.

Hope to see more of your posts,

Martin

dodgy said:
Gary Young said:

Gary

Hi Gary,

Nice to see you still lurking here and responding to questions. I've got a brush I believe your company made, but no idea when it was produced or what grade or what size the thing is. It's my favorite of my small rotation, and I'll try and find some pics soon, now that I know you still look in sometimes.

Hope to see more of your posts,

Martin

Hi Martin

I still look in on the forums every so often!
My main focus is on my health at the moment. I suffered from a spinal cord tumour 14 years ago and I am now having treatment again for another of the little b*st*rds so the wonderful world of traditional shaving has taken a back seat for a while.

Gary

Gary Young said:
beejay said:
regards, beejay

Not all of our brushes were stamped with the 'Simpson' lampblacking - we made a heck of a lot of 'unbranded' brushes for various outlets, chemists, etc.

Gary

Cheers Gary
That's good to know :)

The guy I got them from said he has had them for years in his loft, they were his dads Only cost me £ 2.00 for both Am sending them to bejay tomorrow to have them restored Will Post pics when done.

Would Be great if they were both simpsons If you have any info on the other one that would be fantastic

Best

Steve

Hi again Gary,

Man.......sorry to hear about your health issues. Whew, I can see you have certain priorites, and thanks for the time you do spend posting here.

Couple of pics...found this in what looked to be unused condition a couple years ago. Nice little estate sale treasure. When you get time (and if it looks familiar), I'd appreciate any info you might have to share.

Thanks,

Martin

Attachments

• Marshall Fields.jpg
    Marshall Fields.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 21
  • marshall fieds 003.jpg
    marshall fieds 003.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom