Vintage Gillette de razor

image.jpeg image.jpeg Just bought this off eBay for £25 but to be honest I'm a bit underwhelmed, it's was sold as brass and 1920s but it looks like the head is brass but body is plated .
Any ideas ?

Any ideas as to what year please or what it may be worth can't find anything similar , all made in USA , this is made in England

Not tried it. Only got it this morning was thinking of sending it back not overly happy with it .
Thanks glad I didn't overpay

Any ideas as to what year please or what it may be worth can't find anything similar , all made in USA , this is made in England
Early gellette oc British made ,as long as it's not cracked or has bits missing for 25 squid you didn't do too bad but there cheaper places to find this type of razor, but as I said how does it shave , if ok that's alright. Car boot sales yard sales ect is where you might pick up something like that for a few quid but on eBay unless you really know what you are looking at stay clear.

Not tried it. Only got it this morning was thinking of sending it back not overly happy with it .
Thanks glad I didn't overpay
No for eBay you didn't overpay but check out car boot sales ect and get much cheaper , don't wor anyway you are not the first and you won't be the last to pay a little too much on eBay when you could have looked elsewhere and found something cheaper. If it shaves well you've got a vintage gellette in its box , it's a good starting point, just be careful when buying anything from evil bay.

No for eBay you didn't overpay but check out car boot sales ect and get much cheaper , don't wor anyway you are not the first and you won't be the last to pay a little too much on eBay when you could have looked elsewhere and found something cheaper. If it shaves well you've got a vintage gellette in its box , it's a good starting point, just be careful when buying anything from evil bay.
Will do thanks

They are actually a good modern shaver, remembering your angle and no pressure. Some of these made in the USA had thin & thick caps, which is another whole 'can of worms'.

If there's no number on top of the baseplate then it's a '20's thick cap OLD type. It looks like it's a gold plated razor, although some of the plating may be worn away. The English sets are sometimes unique to England and won't have an identical counterpart in the US sets. I've never seen a set identical to yours, but it's a nice set, and a fantastic shaver. I have several '20's OLD types and they are some of my favorite razors.

It's the 1921 regent deluxe looking at that ☺

You are correct!!!

1921-1929%20Regent%20DeLuxe%20England.JPG

Back
Top Bottom