Vintage travel shaving

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and I am really excited to be here.

I love vintage stuff which is why I come here today to ask for some advice.

I'm trying to get myself a travel shaving kit and every type that I have come across online looks cheap and plastic made from China. All the vintage ones I've come across have been used still with the original accessories that someone might have used (eeek).

Is there a company that produces really nice travel shaving kits with mirrors?

If I have to build one myself do you know what the name of the inserts that hold the accessories are called?

Is there a special name for the type of leather case used?

Where can I find a brand-new safety razor with a strop what the army used to shave with?

I want to build a travel accessory kit adapted for myself, can't stand the thought of losing or damaging my cutthroat razor.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

Like yourself I enjoy the vintage aesthetic and use a straight. Not sure if this is the sort of thing you're after but it's what I use, a WW1 British military officers wetpack (replica)

http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/...MIqPT_raLD1wIVQpkbCh2sXgcmEAQYASABEgIQWvD_BwE

It's very well made and holds a ton of equipment. For strops you can buy roll up ones fairly cheaply that will fit inside the pack , personally I use a small paddle strop. As for mirrors there are some quite high quality “compacts” out there that do the trick or just search online for travel or handbag mirrors.

Hi Mike,

Like yourself I enjoy the vintage aesthetic and use a straight. Not sure if this is the sort of thing you're after but it's what I use, a WW1 British military officers wetpack (replica)

http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/...MIqPT_raLD1wIVQpkbCh2sXgcmEAQYASABEgIQWvD_BwE

It's very well made and holds a ton of equipment. For strops you can buy roll up ones fairly cheaply that will fit inside the pack , personally I use a small paddle strop. As for mirrors there are some quite high quality “compacts” out there that do the trick or just search online for travel or handbag mirrors.
Likewise, Rohleder, I have the Daines and Hathaway version of that and love it, as you say, holds everything that you need whilst travelling.

Many thanks for your replies I have added some images that show kind of the thing I would like but brand-new or something that I could perhaps custom make.

Where do you guys think I could find a leather case and the inserts to go with it?Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 15.59.25.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-19 at 15.59.50.png

Back
Top Bottom