Vintage Wilkinson Sword razors?

I can't find out much about Wilkinsons razors, I know of the Pall Mall and then the Empire produced from 1929 - 1952 or thereabouts and also the the "Sticky" produced in the 60s and 70s?

Presumably there are others though? Did they produce any DE razors before the Sticky or even any SE razors that took disposable blades?

These are some of the other Razors that Wilky Made

Wilk3.png

Wilk2.png

Wilk1.jpg

Wilk4.jpg

Wilk5.jpg

Wilk6.jpg

Wilk7.jpg

Thanks Sunburyboy, I was aware of most of the cartridge razors, in fact I've owned quite a few of them over the years! I had expected that they would have produced something to compete with the Tech and Superspeed in the 40's and 50's but maybe they relied on the Empire.

BazC said:
Thanks Sunburyboy, I was aware of most of the cartridge razors, in fact I've owned quite a few of them over the years! I had expected that they would have produced something to compete with the Tech and Superspeed in the 40's and 50's but maybe they relied on the Empire.

I think these were the only TTO that Wilky Produced mate....

i think Gillette pretty much had the TTO market owned from the 40's onwards

Wilk2.png

Yeah thanks Steve. Never stumbled across those pics before and very interesting. I now know my silver-coloured razor is a version of the Classic.

The one on the left is called The Sword Edge razor (official code name W20) these were never sold due to the blades staining the nylon head, so these are an absolute holy grail razor.

The two on the right are "Sticky's" (official code name W16)

Jamies said:
The one on the left is called The Sword Edge razor (official code name W20) these were never sold due to the blades staining the nylon head, so these are an absolute holy grail razor.

The two on the right are "Sticky's" (official code name W16)

Would like to give Jamies a Thank You as he kindly sent me lots of Information and Pictures on Vintage Wilkinson Sword razors ....cheers mate

Best

Steve

I have a sticky, belonged to my father, also bought one and gave it as a gift. I dont think they are very common in USA. I also picked up a classic about a year ago in London. The classic is a very mild shaver used it to teach my son how to shave with a double edge.

I think they are. One went on ebay recently for quite a lot of money. Someone here bought it because they were determined to (not me!).
I have the Classic with the silver-coloured handle in the above pics

Back
Top Bottom