Vintage Wilkinson Sword razors?

That was me:angel:
They seem to be quite rare, mine was only the second I've seen come to market in the last couple of years.

WilkinsonClassic.jpg

BazC said:
...or even any SE razors that took disposable blades?
Most of the Empires, the Strong Beard and the Pall Mall will generally accept a modern SE. Having said that, you may have to squeeze the blade-stops, at the edge-ends of the guard, in a touch. They are superlative shavers, and relatively inexpensive, compared to the scant handful of other vintage adjustable SEs(the Superman is the one that comes immediately to mind).

On the Wilkinson blogspot there is a pic of Wilkinson's version of the (IIRC) 1904 patent-expiration/Henckles Rapide copy. I've never seen one. I have both a round and hexagon handled specimen of the same, by Wester Bros(relatively rare-haven't seen either of those in-person, or on-line, including stropper.com), and the Wilki is one of my Grail pieces.

Thanks for that Rob72, I actually have an Empire which I inherited from my Dad though I'm sure he never used it, it may have been my Grandfather's originally. It's an amazing looking machine!

Sunburyboy93 said:
i just bagged one of these on e-bay:

$(KGrHqZHJDYE-87eZ,SGBPv77SOBJ!~~60_12.JPG

is the handle stainless steel on these ??

i'm sure another member has one ???

Afraid not mate, it's a hollow metal of some sort, probably aluminium.
There's 3x versions of this type of 'Classic' the all black plastic covered version you can currently buy in Boots.

The one you've bagged with the metal head & plastic base plate and a third where the head & base plate are plastic. Both of these two have the silver handle

Back
Top Bottom