Virgin anywhere?

Just started using this on a laptop, don't know if i'm being thick but seems like a real pain in the arse after sky go. Is there a windows type app for this, or do you have to keep poncing about signing in to everything all the while. I can see there's an app for IOS and Android but unable to find anything for windows.

Depends on the package you have with Virgin as to whether you can access their TV products via the app or not - I think you need to subscribe to the TiVio service. There is an app, but as I binned it off my phone I cant tell you what its called.

We've got the right package and I've been told the apps on android and ios work, but to watch it on a pc or laptop it bounces you around screens you keep having to sign into and it's a real fukinwankincuruntin pain in the arse. I'm really not up for buying even more devices to mess with whats left of my sanity. I still carry a pen and paper around and they've never crashed and lost all my worldly worth yet!

I use it on my iPhone as an App and on my home PC as a webpage. All works fine. You do have to log in each time you access the webpage. I'm pretty sure you have to preregister each device on the virgin website before they'll work, and I think you're limited to two or poss three devices only. For movies and sport you have to use the Sky Apps or websites and then log in to those using your Virgin credentials. I can't recall exact details as I use it mostly to watch the sport while the family watches some other crap, but I think not all channels are streamable. For instance I think virgin are restricted from streaming BBC and Channel 4, so you'll probably be redirected to using iPlayer or All4 services. It's all quite handy though.

Many thanks H, thats what I thought. Gone over to Virgin after Sky and I must say that the Sky Go is lightyears ahead of this nonsense. But as we got this about £280 cheaper I suppose I'll grin and bear it. You would think a man capable of getting himself into space could sort out a decent program for windows to use this service though;)

It says something that Virgin keep putting back the date of their roll out of home hub wi-fi hot spots ( like BT do with theirs) due o "technical issues".
Fortunately my MIL is on BT and I know her log in details so I can use their app on my tablet & phone whilst out and about

Back
Top Bottom