Visiting Porto

I'll be visiting Porto in Portugal in March. The only shaving hardware I'll be taking will be my trusty (but utterly expendable) Lord L5 razor. I want to buy all the other stuff I'll need locally, so will be looking for DE blades, a brush, and some of those lovely Portugese soaps and creams. Can anyone on here point me in the right direction as regards readily available items? I'll be staying in the city centre.

Cheers,

Lou

you may want to perhaps find a city directory of the destination and see what stores exist, and do some emailing... perhaps find out what they actually have,,, and see if they can let you "pre purchase" stuff before you leave.

Continente is a supermarket chain that sells Lavanda shave cream and cologne - wonderful stuff and well priced. the cologne comes in a 200ml bottle so you'll have to split it into 100ml bottles if you are only taking carry on luggage. they also sell Puig Lavanda cologne

you may want to perhaps find a city directory of the destination and see what stores exist, and do some emailing... perhaps find out what they actually have,,, and see if they can let you "pre purchase" stuff before you leave.

Many thanks, Bezoar, I'll be sure to give that a try.

Continente is a supermarket chain that sells Lavanda shave cream and cologne - wonderful stuff and well priced. the cologne comes in a 200ml bottle so you'll have to split it into 100ml bottles if you are only taking carry on luggage. they also sell Puig Lavanda cologne

Great stuff, Flip, I'll keep a lookout for these and will let you know how I get on.

I am usually a soap guy, but when I was in Portugal last year I grabbed some Lavanda shave cream and I was really impressed. Maybe it was the lanolin in the cream but I was surprised at the post-shave feel that the product gave. Very nice stuff!

I am usually a soap guy, but when I was in Portugal last year I grabbed some Lavanda shave cream and I was really impressed. Maybe it was the lanolin in the cream but I was surprised at the post-shave feel that the product gave. Very nice stuff!

Thanks, Matt. That's two recommends for the Lavanda - it's now on my list of acquisitions!

Thanks, Matt. That's two recommends for the Lavanda - it's now on my list of acquisitions!
There is a place just off the main street with lots of shaving gear including blades and semogues aplenty.
I will try and check the stuff i got for the shop name or google earth . PM if i havent got back to you in a week .
The wine there is astounding !

cheers

I found the street : 455 R. Formosa, Porto, Porto District
Fernando ????? cabeleireiros is the name above the shop. A tree is in the way of the sign . Check google streetview and you should see it

Andy, you're a star! This is going to be my first stop (next stop, wine). Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom