Viva La Toja!

YorkNeil said:
Are the sticks not available either? I'll cherish what's left of mine if it's not.

Oh yes! Sticks are still available.

JohnnyO said:
If you liked the La Toja you're going to just love the reformulated Lea ...

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Oh really? I've always thought of Lea as La Toja's poor cousin. What's the new stuff like? And where can you get it?

I almost though I had an NOS product, because I ordered two La Toja shaving sticks from eBay for less then € 0,50 because PayPal gave me a € 10 discount code :)

So this one we are talking about is the same soap as in the stick?

Hi FactorM, I don't k7now of a British stockist, so it's maybe a case of getting someone you know who is going to Spain or Canaries to pick you up a couple. Or, if you ever deal with Gifts & Care the postage for a couple of sticks along with your order is well covered by the TSR discount & service is gr8.
It's similar but superior to La Toja (imo) with its ingredients of glycerine, lanolin &9 tallow. just a clean, soapy smell, dense lubricating lather with loads of slip and seems to work well in harder water than we have here in West Dunbartonshire. I believe that it was reintroduced following representations from some of our Spanish shaving colleagues and is an old recipe.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

factormax said:
What a wonderful little piece of Spain this soap is! And how I wish I had one of those bowls with the cork stopper!

Really nice mild on the skin and with a light refreshing scent. Along with arko is the travel soap of choice, actually the La Toja is my favourite travel soap due to the convenience of the stick container/case it comes in. If you haven't tried it give it a go guys.
Ideally with and EJde89 La Toja soap stick, New Forest tubby and village barber balm this is my preferred travel combo. :angel:

Shaved with La Toja today, this was about my 3rd shave with this stick and I only noticed today what a great (yet mild) scent this soap has.

I could detect a little almond scent in there. Does anyone else get this?

Back
Top Bottom