Vostok Komandirskie

I liked the quirky dial, and the silly price on this.

It arrived today.

Mechanical movement. Scewdown crown. Rotating bezel.

£31.09 delivered.

I have not sussed out how to alter the date yet. :icon_rolleyes:

Steve.

I am on mobile so cant check this properly but its supposed to be a user manual.

http://www.russianwatchguide.com/vostok-amphibia-manual.htm

Jim

Gingerpose said:
Looks nice - where did you buy it from? I've got an Amphibian on the way from Zenitar on ebay and really looking forward to seeing it on the wrist.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141081537762?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Steve.

rowlers said:
Why have you posted this!!! I got over the urge to buy a Russian watch few weeks back now I feel enabled all over again!
Nice watch!

Come on !

£31 delivered, and It's been running fine for twelve hours.

What more do you want. :icon_rolleyes:

Steve.

Ordered one this morning from Zenitar. It has the regular watch face, but with a 24 hour dial inside the 12 hour dial. I wanted a manual wind watch as I already have 4 automatics, but only a 3 watch winder. Total cost with postage was C$70.00.

Received my Vostok on Wednesday, 25 March, just 12 days after placing the order. I say "just" because it takes at least 12 days, and often longer, to receive a register small packet from the USA. So far I'm quite impressed with the watch: the case is finished to a high standard, the face is clear and nicely done, overall it has a solid feel, and the leather strap in came with is quite presentable. I had purchased a khaki NATO strap for it, but it looks as though I won't have to use it for a while. I set the watch on Wednesday morning and so far so good. The only gripe I have is that it doesn't have a quick set date, but for C$70 with postage I can't really complain. I'll be wearing this watch when I work out and when I work in the garden or engage in other similar activities, so we'll see how rugged it is. I'd post a picture of it, but I have yet to figure out how to post pictures on this site.

Rufus said:
The only gripe I have is that it doesn't have a quick set date, but for C$70 with postage I can't really complain.

I know it's a different watch, but the Amphibia had a way to quickly change the date, so there's a chance it might work on this one as well. Worth a try. Manual is here.

Back
Top Bottom