Waitrose Colombian Cheapie, Better ! Grind Adjust!

E Bay fresh bean providers

Not from eBay. Coffee bean shop do a quite good promotion of 4 different 250g bags for 15 quid plus delivery and what the 4 beans are change every 2 weeks.
Also have quite a liking for James gourmet and some from square mile as well

RE: E Bay fresh bean providers

This guys do international delivers (you have to buy for around £ 30 or more and shipping's slightly under a tenner, up to 1.775 kg)... They have dates for when the coffee was roasted and I would recommend something from Johan&Nyström, it's good stuff. Always here to help, as Dodgethebullet would say :D

We have our beans fresh roasted for our business at a little company called York Coffee Emporium.

http://yorkcoffeeemporium.co.uk/

I can vouch for the freshness and quality.

YorkNeil said:
We have our beans fresh roasted for our business at a little company called York Coffee Emporium.

http://yorkcoffeeemporium.co.uk/

I can vouch for the freshness and quality.

Ooh. looks good especially as you can pick up order for free at the Yorkshire Pantry on Petergate.

Will have to try some.

try hasbean i've had excellent service from them, roasted on day of order, unless you want them green of course.

steve

E Bay fresh bean providers

Be warned about hasbean though as there roasted beans are not that far off green a light roast on all there beans though it all depends on what you want from them but real light roasts are not to my tastes. Majority of roasters roast to order or roast a few times a week and ship on those days

Went for waitrose Colombian which work out at just over a tenner per kilo....
Not used yet....
Will post when I do.
Kindest
Timbo

RE: Waitrose Colombian cheapie

OK I have the tried the Colombian from waitrose.
First my grinder needs re dialling for a finer grind. The bean density is different.
Secondly these are not too my taste. Good crema. Smell OK taste a little bitter and astringent.
In fact a double shot is not a nice experience. One shot with a little milk to smooth things out is bearable.
And I bought two bags!!

RE: Waitrose Colombian Cheapie

Try the Waitrose French dark roast it's one of the only mainstream beans that seem to work in my bean to cup.

RE: Waitrose Colombian Cheapie

Having adjusted the grind to a finer setting I've found this to be a better drink.
I guess the beans are dryer but I have had to wind up the MC2 quite a bit from its previous setting. Maybe 5 full winds.
So I can drink this now!
Cheers
Tim

Back
Top Bottom