*WARNING - Artesania Romera PSA - WARNING* PART 3

PART 3

I could not believe the cheek of this guy , he says he gave me a knot for free which he didn't and that I started complaining about the delivery of my brush shortly after ordering and as you will know from the beginning of this post that is not the case. He also thinks he was doing me a kindness by allowing me to use and keep a brush that was crumbling apart. I lost interest until February of this year when he started advertising an Anniversary discount on brush orders so I contacted him daily reminding him of his broken promises to me and he finally responded on the 20/02/17 with the laughable reply of telling me to stop sending him emails and he would send me a brush.
I laughed hard at that and explained to him he told me the same story 7 months previous. I continued emailing him if just to annoy him now because even though he has taken my money and not provided the goods that were expected of him I thought I'd continue to remind him how dishonest he has been throughout the whole process to shame him into action. He replied on 22/02/17 when ridiculously he maintained he had no need to answer any more emails from me because he had no news to give me despite the fact he continued to make brushes for nobody in particular of the same specification as my brush in his "in stock" section of the website. He then goes on to say he will send me a brush when he gets his new stock of knots but he doesn't know when that will be......hillarious Gustavo , you crack me up. He then goes on to post on social media exactly when he will order and roughly when he will ship individual knot orders......priceless Gustavo! He also implied at this point that I had tampered with the brush for some unknown reason. This is beneath contempt in my view.

I have emailed Gustavo several times since then and warned him if he did not reslove this issue then I would have to let people know of what possible type of service they could receive from him if my experience is anything to go by. Since briefly commenting on my experience on various threads on different forums I have heard of many other customers who have had a bad experience with him be it workmanship , customer service or both. To top it off , the knot that he "gave me" turned out to be at the absolute best some kind of silvertip. It is in no way similar to the initial Manchurian I received. It has not much backbone , has lot's of thick sctratchy black hairs and is quite a sparse knot. The man is a charlatan at best and obviously picked a cast off knot and sent it to me.
So in conclusion I'd like to thank anyone who managed to get through all of this but if you are considering paying upfront for a Romera brush this may make you think twice. Again I am not telling anyone what to do with their money but what I am doing is giving my honest account of what has went on for a year now with Atresania Romera. If you are nearing the 6 month mark whereby you can no longer raise a PayPal claim for a refund I would choose your next step wisely.
I have bought several brushes in that year and had first class customer service from guys like Brad Sears , Lee Sabini, Rod Neep and a native Spaniard to Gustavo , Alfredo Hernandez. The way Gustavo has behaved throughout this whole process has been disgraceful and I have told him he should be ashamed of himself.
Of course he is welcome to counter any of my arguments or version of events and that is what I would do if I was him and had any sort of professional pride. However as I have told him on a few occasions when I tried to get him to do the decent thing and fulfill his end of the bargain , I don't delete emails and I have every piece of correspondence between us so in short I have all the facts and crucially the truth if he would like to challenge anything I've said here. I have only posted that one email in case Gustavo feels I'm betraying some kind of privacy but he is acting on behalf of his company and as such any correspondance unless featuring private information should be available to the public. It is also worth noting that there is no way either on his website or on any of the social media platforms he advertises his products where customers can post comments on their experience.
Some of you may say I'm just bitter and trying to do harm to his business and If I'm honest I am still angry at what he has done that amounts to theft to me but if gustavo receives a drop in orders because of this then perhaps he will take that time to reassess his behaviour to customers and his level of service and perhaps people who continue to buy from him in the future will benefit from that going forward.
Obviously I will not be purchasing from Gustavo ever again.

It's really good you've taken the time to post your experience in great detail.

I'm sure you'll have saved members a lot of time, money and hassle!

This loser artisan deserves to shut down! I can't stand people like that!
Thanks, that was the purpose in the first place ; to allow people to make an informed decision. I've moved on myself from this so I've no idea to what level he does business anymore but I'm glad this thread still serves the purpose it was created for. Cheers.
Will

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There is a saying in retail. A satisfied customer will tell 10 people, an unsatisfied one will tell 50. Any artisan worth his salt will try to sort out a problem for you as they usually cannot afford negative comments when they only supply in small hand made quantities. I'm not certain anyone reading this or any of your earlier posts would buy from Gustavo now. I love the look of his brushes but you would tend to put the best ones on the website. I personally would never take the risk now. I'm sorry you had a bad experience though.

There is a saying in retail. A satisfied customer will tell 10 people, an unsatisfied one will tell 50. Any artisan worth his salt will try to sort out a problem for you as they usually cannot afford negative comments when they only supply in small hand made quantities. I'm not certain anyone reading this or any of your earlier posts would buy from Gustavo now. I love the look of his brushes but you would tend to put the best ones on the website. I personally would never take the risk now. I'm sorry you had a bad experience though.
I fully agree, he had his chance but was never interested in resolving anything. His knots, if you get one of the good one's are nice but his handles rarely stand the test of a short period of use or are that special in the first place ; particularly his wooden handles. No problem Wayne, I'm completely over it and never think about the experience now. Cheers.
Will

Such a shame this fella acts as he does as his knots are superb. I have a Rustic Chubby which is a cracking looking brush. Obviously the black has faded like Tottenham did last night but it remains a lovely brush nonetheless.
It's a Rustic Barber I have. I agree it is a shame because his knot source for the most part is very good quality.

Strangely he posted on Twitter yesterday that he has brushes for sale..
I stopped looking just after the time he last said he'd send my replacement but by that point he had the same brushes loitering on his site for a while. He might have even have actually had them made by that point

Back
Top Bottom