Watch brands please

Hello

I know a few people here are into watches, Im more of a £5 digital casio kind of guy usially, so hopefully you can help.

I saw a watch ages ago in some mens health mag or something like that at work and there was a British watch company being advertised. Now I can not for the life of me remember the name or find it.
Anybody have any suggestions?

It was under £200
Im after a classic sort of watch (if that makes sense, probably not)
Simple face, numbers, not digital
Leather strap, probably brown
Not fussed if its quartz or others...

I saw a brand Daniel Wellington, some were nice but I prefer one without a massive DW on it.

Not a great discription, soz guys.
Brand suggestions would help if its that bad ha.

Sounds like Christopher Ward.

Nice watches for the money. I have one - a C4 Peregrine Chronograph like this.

2nsnugz.jpg

Last edited:
I would like a white or black faced Trident C65 Classic and a Malvern C5 MKII Automatic in gold with black strap. Gorgeous watches!

However, I love the Seiko, Citizen and Orient watches I currently own and consider myself lucky to have them rather than looking wistfully at those above which cannot afford. No more what ifs here.....;)

I would like a white or black faced Trident C65 Classic and a Malvern C5 MKII Automatic in gold with black strap. Gorgeous watches!

However, I love the Seiko, Citizen and Orient watches I currently own and consider myself lucky to have them rather than looking wistfully at those above which cannot afford. No more what ifs here.....;)

Some nice watches Seiko and the much over looked Orient. Orient being part of Seiko. I've two Seiko and two Orient in a rough rotation. Of course the best place for these beauties being Creation Watches. I've a hankering for a Hamilton.

Larrson & Jennings, up and coming uk company. One of their classics in gold/ brown strap is on my chrimbo list

Wow.

Have not worn a watch for years but these watches make me want to start again. They look fantastic, just my thing

I am not into anything too flashy so these fir the bill. I could easily by 4/5 of them

Cheers for all of the help. I've not heard of most of these so I will go an have a look and let you guys know.

Smiths Everest (through Time Factors) is a nice looking watch. Rolex Explorer...ish.

I do like that one Vinny but top of the list from Timefactors would be their PRS-3 with black dial and stainless band. The Everest next followed by the more affordable and highly tempting PRS-18 quartz with 5 jewel Swiss Ronda movement and 10 year battery life.

Just my two cents. I am a fanatic for quartz accuracy (refuse to own an automatic for the same reason I don't ride a horse daily or crap in an outdoor privy). Anyway, I have two day/date analog Swatch watches that are uncannily accurate. One newer one runs at 3 - 4 secs. fast in a month and the other closer to 1 or 2 secs. The latter was 'resuscitated' after four yrs. by a local foreign watch repairman who works on Rolexes. He kept it a week and tweaked it. I'd have to buy a 2 grand + Citizen or Seiko to get comparable accuracy.

Never gave an answer to a watch, Ive been away with work and still am. Cheers for your help, Ive given the wife a couple of options for Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom