• Wear one occasionally.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Wear a watch Daily.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • As above, own more than one watch.

Votes: 50 72.5%

• Total voters
joe mcclaine said:
Although I consider myself to have taste, style and discrimination I (personally) can't see how it extends to gaudy-looking, overpriced, oversized trinkets - mainly purchased in the vain hope that someone will say "Oh I just love your watch - it's simply fab u lous, darling! X"

:icon_razz:

Ha! If only somebody would notice!

:icon_cry2: :blush:

3 x Casio G-shock solars
1 x Casio G-shock Mudman
1 x Casio Protrek
1 x Seiko Monster
1 x Tag Heuer Monza (engagement pressie from t'wife ten years ago)

I own 3 watches.
My daily wear is a Seiko Premier Kinetic Perpetual Calendar. However, I have been without it for the last 2 days due to the strap being down to it's last few threads. I feel a bit naked without it.
My other 2 are an Ebel Chrono which doesn't get worn due to the strap being on it's way out and it costs a fortune to replace (not a standard fit) and a dress watch that I got over 20 years ago and hasn't been worn for about 10.

X2 Eco Drive
Oris Big Crown
Orient Multi Eyes
Seiko Mini Monster
C.Ward Rapide
Fat Face Chrono
Pulsar Spoon (digital)

Always wear a watch, all of mine is a rotation of sorts, more a case of what shall I wear each day.

I really don't like anything tight around my wrists, its a really phobia.
I always roll sleeves up and my mother used to have to take the elastic
out of any of the cuffs I had as a kid.

But when I became a grown up at around 40 I thought I would like
to wear a watch. I bought a designer thing 'cos I liked how it looked
and it was cheap enough to see if I was able to stomach having something
around my wrist.

Then about 18 months ago I was working in Chelsea, when I noticed a stunning leather jacket in a Kings Road
charity shop under a sign saying "everything half marked price". It fitted, I bought it, obviously
(and then did a little research on the label when I got home...best £40 Ive ever spent!)

When I took it to the counter I noticed a gold Seiko in the display cabinet at £90,
so I said "is that half price to?", the woman gave me a withering look and said
"the sign says..." I think she had been asked the question many times.

I have no idea what model it is, but its my go to watch if I ever need to dress
up a shirt and trousers combo.

My daily watch is a Precista which stays on my wrist all the time unless I take it off in the shower to give it a wash. My other watch is a C.W. Tri-Tech again when it is being used it is never off my wrist. Neither are exactly beaters but both are tools to tell me the time not status symbols.

Everyday watch - An Accurist.

Special occasions watch - A Tissot that my parents bought me for my 21st birthday.

That's it.

Ian

Just the one watch for me a pulsar kinetic it's 4 years old keeps good time and I treat it like dirt,best £50 I ever spent! when it drops dead I'll just go and get another and thrash that one the same. :angel:

I don't own any high end watches and hate bulbous gaudy things with seventeen dials and that can tell you the speed of solar winds. The simpler the better

NotTheStig said:
I don't own any high end watches and hate bulbous gaudy things with seventeen dials and that can tell you the speed of solar winds. The simpler the better

Agree with this - I don't even like the date window on my analogues since it's just something that needs fiddling with every other month. I have a Rotary gold/leather dress watch, a Seiko metal bracelet, and a Sector stainless divers watch, all plain analogue quartz in need of servicing. Current daily wear is a £4.50 casio F-91 that the buckle broke on last week. :mad:

10 years or so ago I used to wear a watch, could not go anywhere without one. Then for some reason one day I stopped wearing it and hadn't done for about 10 years. I only got another one about a year ago. Which I now wear daily.
So my only watch is a simple classic Seiko Diver SKX007.

But it needs a service, so I am now on the look out for another watch. Almost certainly another Seiko auto diver. Or a Citizen.

Two of my own, well three if you count the one on loan to my wife and two of my dads.
Oh and two digital ones for sport, both with flat batteries.

Back
Top Bottom