West Indian Limes

I didn't enjoy it at all. Like you, I thought it sounded promising as I do like lime in the bathroom but I thought it had an odd background smell, it actually reminded me of an old damp flannel.

Before you buy any, get the sample set from T+H and you'll then get to try it before you commit. Quite a few guys here have had the T+H lime stuff but there are some really mixed reviews, it seems to divide like no other T+H scent.

If you like lime then the West Indian Limes cologne from Crabtree and Evelyn is beautifully clean, and Ogalalla's Lime and Peppercorn bay rum is a nice every day splash.

Canuck said:
I didn't enjoy it at all. Like you, I thought it sounded promising as I do like lime in the bathroom but I thought it had an odd background smell, it actually reminded me of an old damp flannel.

Before you buy any, get the sample set from T+H and you'll then get to try it before you commit. Quite a few guys here have had the T+H lime stuff but there are some really mixed reviews, it seems to divide like no other T+H scent.

If you like lime then the West Indian Limes cologne from Crabtree and Evelyn is beautifully clean, and Ogalalla's Lime and Peppercorn bay rum is a nice every day splash.

I am currently working my way through the Truefitt and Hill sample pack and the West Indian Limes was not something I particularly enjoyed. The sample pack can really save you some money in the long run.

Chris.

I've had the Trumpers splash and the C&E EDT. I really liked the Trumpers but prefer the C&E, though I'm not sure if that's because it is an EDT. I think it's well worth trying to get samples or try them in-store if you can, unless you are happy to take the plunge. I suppose you could always stick any rejects on BST and you'd get a decent amount of your money back.

Just realised this thread is about creams. :icon_rolleyes: OK I think you should get samples.

Hiya,

Tried the T&H stuff years ago and it was just ok. Kinda smells like lime, but not all that much. If you're looking for a true lime EO kinda thing, this ain't it.

Best cream for a pure lime blast would be Castle Forbes. A bit expensive, but not so bad considering it's a large tub. You will rarely ever read a poor review about that product as far as fragrance and performance go.

Soaps are another story. For an intense lime experience, QED would do the trick nicely. For a very pleasant toned down version, JoAnna at The Shave Den sells a nice lime soap.

Martin

Oh yeah, one other option is to pick up an unscented cream like Art of Shaving makes and add some lime EO yourself.

I have the Truefitt & Hill West indian limes, it produces a good creamy lather the scent though exceptable and it's certainly lime not at all lemon, which you would expect, it's not something that will stir your senses, and if i'm honest I think it's OK but nothing special, I wont be getting another.

Jamie

Hmm, consensus seems to be that this is not the best smelling of products. I just love the name though, West Indian Limes - that's brilliant. I might give it a go, at least I will get it out of my system if nothing else. Thanks for the other tips!

MaleGroomingNews.com said:
I might give it a go, at least I will get it out of my system if nothing else.

Sounds like a mild case of monkey fever. Very tough to get rid of once it enters your 'system'.......(think malaria, but more expensive).

Martin

Trumpers has a decent lime-and-soap sort of smell if this sounds acceptable? Conversely the soap smells more like lime and a traditional 'shaving shop'-type smell (difficult to describe if you don't know what I mean, but very nice).

MaleGroomingNews.com said:
I just love the name though, West Indian Limes - that's brilliant.

Apparently it refers to key limes, a more tart strain of limes found in the West Indies and Florida. WI Limes is quite an old scent, I think it dates back to the old piracy v navy era days of around 1700. As does bay rum I believe.

Most disappointed. I have been looking forward to using this ever since I knew it was coming as a Xmas Gift, but the scent is awful. I am trying hard to be kind about it, as I am a fan of T&H in general, but all I could think of was Toilet Duck and even (sadly) that the scent wasn't too far removed from the appalling Arko stick that I just managed to offload as a makeweight in a trade.

What is more disappointing is the bath/shower gel that came in the same gift set smells very limey and amazing.

I wasn't planning on adding any more creams (up to 17 now and might have another coming in Xmas gifts yet to be opened), but I may have to consider looking at Trumpers or Castle Forbes Lime options to offset the misery of this cream.

Canuck said:

Yep, I went the full sampler of creams, balms and smellies.

Hated limes - a dusty smell of old limes at the bottom of a musty box, to my nose. The balm is very nice though - what the cream *should* smell like. It's just lime though, so nothing to get too excited about.

Rather disappointed with the whole pack tbh. Nothing wrong with the creams, but there's just as good for less. But the smellies are useless, they just don't stick around, and that's kind of the point of colognes. Shame, as Grafton is quite nice, the rest are instantly forgettable, the Sandalwood is barely anything at all.

Back
Top Bottom