Wet Shave DE Razor Newb

Hi,

My brother-in-law gave me a starter wet shave set as a groomsman gift. I had never considered wet shaving before as I hate shaving (would rather bang my head against the wall) so I didn't understand why I would want to spend even more time doing it.

The set consisted of a Badger hair brush, Merkur "1904" classic closed comb razor (same head ad merku HD, I belive), a sampler set of 40 blades from different companies and some shaving products (pre shave oil, shaving cream, after shave balm) from e-shave.

Like I said, I was skeptical at first, but gave it a try to appease my wife (her brother gave me the gift), and after 3 chaves I'm hooked!!

Have done a tone of reading and already orderd some TOBS creams and other afterhsave balms to try out.

I've gotten the face shaving part down pretty well, but havinf some trouble with my neck (hair grown in every direction). That's how I stumbled upon TSR!!! Googled how best to wetshave neck and got a bunch of threads from TSR as results. Can't belive there is such a enthusiastic wet shaving community. I'm a member of several automotive forums, but can't belive the similar suppot found here.

Anyway, forum looks great already into many of the advice threads and thinking about what other products to try (don't want to sink too much money in right away though) :)

Thanks TSR!

Brian

P.S. I'm from Canada. Dont know if there are a lot of other Canucks here or not :)

Welcome. There's someone here who posts as Canuck, so I would imagine he's one of your lot. Canada is nearly British anyway, so I'm sure you won't feel out of place.

Halk said:
Welcome. There's someone here who posts as Canuck, so I would imagine he's one of your lot.

Yes, I believe The Canuck is from Flin Flon Manitoba. this is one of the largest and most couthful cities in Canada if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.cityofflinflon.ca/

Thanks guys. That's funny, I'm form Ontario, but in Brandon, Manitoba right now on business.

Was in the UK last year and LOVED IT! Can't wait to go back. Didn't have nearly enough time to explore.

Canuck said:
Despite the name I'm not Canadian, I just spend a lot of time in BC and I'm a hockey fan, so the name reflects the team that I go to watch.

Welcome to TSR!
Canuck,

I'm from near Toronto, but hate the Leafs! Go Canucks!!

I currently live in Grimsby, which is Kevin Bieksa's home town. Also love Henrick and Daniel and Ryan Kessler!

Brian

Brian H.

Back
Top Bottom