Wet shaving convert here!

Good evening Gents. Another traditional wet shave convert here.

Discovered safety razors only a few weeks ago and now i'm hooked. Despite the old cliche... My father never taught me how to shave. So since the age of 16, week in, week out i've been subjecting myself to uncomfortable Gillete Mach 3 shaves. I'm now 30 years old and finally had enough of razor burn and irritation around my chin. Shaving has always been a chore until now.

I live in Wakefield so took a drive out to Edwin Jagger HQ in Sheffield and bought myself a DE89 safety razor along with their own shaving cream. My first time shaving with it was like a dream! No irritation whatsoever! Although I nicked myself a hell of a lot... Hence the username :blush:

I have now got the bug! I'm looking to source a pure badger hair brush, as i'm currently using a synthetic wilkinson sword one which is really crappy. The bristles fall out everytime I use it. It's also a little rough on the face! I'll be having a browse around the forums to try and soak up a little knowledge before purchasing though. I tend to be a little impulsive when it comes to spending!

I like to ask questions. I don't think there's any such thing as a "stupid" question so please be patient with me :) Although i'll be sure to use the search function before asking.

Anyway... Enough rambling. Thanks for the forum. It's great to be here! Look forward to chatting with you guys.

Back
Top Bottom