What am I doing?

Ok I understand that dipping your brush into cream or rubbing a stick on your face and working it is face lathering. However I have pucks of soap in a bowl that I wisk my brush around on and get a lather that way? What's that called?

I never have used a seperate container (skuttle?)

I think your just face lathering with a soap. The alternative would be to load the brush, make a lather in a bowl and then brush it onto your face. Bowl lathering seems like unnecessary faff to me but others find face lathering irritates their skin or they feel they can make a better lather in a bowl or they just like their bowl, mug or scuttle.

greyhounddad said:
I have pucks of soap in a bowl that I wisk my brush around on and get a lather that way? What's that called?

I never have used a seperate container (skuttle?)

Hi there,

I think you're building the lather right on the soap. If so, it's something you don't see and man it has gotta be tough to control.

Think of using the soap as a cream, Which means you need to load your brush with about as much shaving cream that would be used. Also, you don't want a real wet brush to create a weak lather that just gets in the way of loading right. From there you either face or bowl lather.

Give it 30 seconds of loading up from the puck. Should be good to start there anyway.

Personally, I much prefer face lathering. I used a bowl for 5-6 years before figuring out the right method and it's much better.

Martin

That sounds more like what I do, the lather builds up on the puck then I go from their into my face.

Currently I have a best badger think it's a TOBG

Whitecrusher010 said:
This is the way I get a good lather from soaps & creams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaTdsl_xXP0&list=UU5tkSsOxlr91yi30Rs5qtfg

Hope it helps.

Paul H is a great guy to watch on you tube for shaving advice!

it doesnt matter what its called, if it works for you, its the right way!
what you described is exactly how i make lather with a brush, it works great. dont worry too much about terminology, its all about the shave=)

Back
Top Bottom