What are you drinking tonight.

Northam Saint said:
joe mcclaine said:
Northam Saint said:
Marks & Spencer Rhubarb Vodka, neat. Nice not too sweet and you can taste the Rhubarb.

Nice.
Was planning on getting my oad man some of this for Yule:
7875.jpg
Chase Rhubarb Vodka. Made in England.

M&S version is £13.99 for 50cl. They also do a Toffee version which I haven't tried.......YET !!!!

Forgot about this post.

Picked up a bottle of the M&S Rhubarb Vodka for my Dad.

Last time I was round his house he cracked it open and we had a few glasses of it.

Nice stuff.

possumbelly said:
Sipping Buffalo Trace. Neat. Nice.

That's a very nice bourbon. A good tip if for us UK peeps is to go into Asda and rummage through the bottles. The 40% and 45% are in exactly the same bottles and are the same price (though if you buy online the 45% is markedly more expensive).

Tall_Paul said:
possumbelly said:
Sipping Buffalo Trace. Neat. Nice.

That's a very nice bourbon. A good tip if for us UK peeps is to go into Asda and rummage through the bottles. The 40% and 45% are in exactly the same bottles and are the same price (though if you buy online the 45% is markedly more expensive).

Interesting. Mine's 40%.
I'll need to rummage through the bottles in the shops here and see if I can find some at 45%.

Beavertown Black Betty (Black IPA) and Smog Rocket (Smoked Porter).

Beavertown is a London brewerey set up by the son of Robert Plant (from Led Zep, in case you didn't know)!

Beavertown

They produce a special range of 'Experimental Ales' that my local indepedent wine merchant happens to stock.

I'm usually a brandy man, especially at this time of year, but there's something very comforting about a decent dark beer.

Cheers All!

soapalchemist said:
Just looked through this thread and a couple of things rang a bell and made me laugh. In my case, every Christmas for as long as I can remember (obviously at my age, that's only a couple of years) I have Baileys in the house....and dispose of it.:blush: At Christmas it tastes so yummy, and yet never another drop will touch my lips until the next Christmas.

Now I don't want to sound like a 'girl drink drunk' but I'm quite partial to a drop of Baileys most times of the year, so long as there's plenty of ice in the glass. It has to be arctic cold though...anyway, my secret's out.

Rocket Man said:
Beavertown Black Betty (Black IPA) and Smog Rocket (Smoked Porter).

Beavertown is a London brewerey set up by the son of Robert Plant (from Led Zep, in case you didn't know)!

Beavertown

They produce a special range of 'Experimental Ales' that my local indepedent wine merchant happens to stock.

I'm usually a brandy man, especially at this time of year, but there's something very comforting about a decent dark beer.

Cheers All!

Thanks for the link - looks interesting in a Brewdog kind of way (which works for me!) so I'll look out for them.

Hoegaarden at the moment for me. Shiraz later.

No whisky in the house at the moment, but it's my birthday on Tuesday so I remain hopeful!

Watching the Aussie open tennis - Murray vs Federer - while sipping on one of my favourites - Irish Redbreast pure pot still. Scrumptious and smooth![attachment=6420]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359110580.972131.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359110580.972131.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 47
As it's Burns Night, a dram of Auchentoshan. Pity it's only the Classic, which I've discovered is a bit lacking in cask influence, with a bit of a honey overcoat, which I suspect may be preventing other, subtle flavours to show themselves.

Dog Bolter, my home brew take on the Matilda Bay Dog Bolter. A dark lager. It is drinkable for sure. I was about to tip the full batch down the drain when I got called away to work for what turned out to be a month. so I popped a couple of long necks in the fridge yesterday, lo & behold its come good in that last month, three months in the bottle has really changed it for the good.

Lamb chops on the barbie & beer in hand, lifes good.

Back
Top Bottom