What are you drinking tonight.

cruciate said:
I wasn't a massive fan of Ledaig. It's supposed to be a peated Tobermory, but I couldn't taste much peat or Tobermory in there.
Still, it's the price of a blend, and you are getting a decent single, so you can't complain.
I've been drinking a nice "old fashioned" - whisky (black bush) with red vermouth and angostora bitters. It's the only way of ruining whisky that I can live with :)

Hehe

You said 'bush'.

Old Fashioned, eh? That drink was all but dead and buried before Mad Men.

However, what you are drinking is actually a Manhattan ... or I'll eat my hat.

Re: RE: What are you drinking tonight.

joe mcclaine said:
cruciate said:
I wasn't a massive fan of Ledaig. It's supposed to be a peated Tobermory, but I couldn't taste much peat or Tobermory in there.
Still, it's the price of a blend, and you are getting a decent single, so you can't complain.
I've been drinking a nice "old fashioned" - whisky (black bush) with red vermouth and angostora bitters. It's the only way of ruining whisky that I can live with :)

Hehe

You said 'bush'.

Old Fashioned, eh? That drink was all but dead and buried before Mad Men.

However, what you are drinking is actually a Manhattan ... or I'll eat my hat.

A manhattan is exactly the same but with bourbon. It was a manhattan I was drinking on holiday and I enjoyed them, but when I got home I didn't have bourbon, so substituted irish whiskey.
It then became what I believed was a Rob Roy, until someone convinced me it was called an old fashioned.
I don't know the difference.
I also don't know what mad men is. TV show?

Edit: Google reveals I should have stuck with my original thought. An old fashioned only has bitters, the Rob Roy has vermouth too.

So there you go.

Re: RE: What are you drinking tonight.

benthespaniel said:
I'm in Kalkan in Turkey

I'm sitting in a pair of shorts drinking Efes!

Life is very good indeed!

At the Moonlight Bar, watching the world walk by?
I have spent many happy beers doing just that

Got a bottle of Black Bush earlier today in exchange for a wallet of fishing flies and bought some Hoegaarden when I was out posting the Red Tip.

Been good for a few days but there you go. The horrors shall be expected from about six or seven O'Clock tomorrow morning...

Mark

daz said:
Do you tie your own Mark?

Used to tie them, Daz. I sold everything out a couple of years ago...

I'm slowly moving away from fishing because Catch & Release is coming into law here soon and I won't be playing that game.

Long gone are the times when I used to spend my summer holidays and, later, all my spare time wandering around the Carrick Mills and Andy's Rock enjoying the days away with great fishing and good friends.

Mark

Friday was a beer festival so a nice mix of ales, the cask winner for me was a Black IPA, but also loved the bottled German Rauchbier.

Yesterday a couple of IPAs from Stevens Point Brewery and Brains Craft.

Today errmmm, more IPAs I think, Flying Dog maybe, Punk IPA, also have a Belgian Dubbel and more rauchbier. Happy Supping gents!

Only had a lone tin of Carlsberg left (from some given to me by work) tonight but it was a Tyskie night last night. I'm a big fan of the Czech and Polish lagers/pilsners. As a rule of thumb if its Czech, Polish, or German beer I will most likely enjoy it. There was some Irish Mist going around earlier on but I wasn't in the mood for once!

Tried some Bushmills Honey a wee minute ago.

Much better than I was expecting as I like a deeper whiskey. It's alright as a one-off drink although, for my tastes, the Black Bush is a better sipper and that's sitting beside me now.

Only going another glass for the time being though, as I have to test run the iKon Slant and don't want to destroy myself!

If the Slant works out OK, I'll have another sip to celebrate afterwards... :blush:

Mark

Roefisher said:

Much better than I was expecting as I like a deeper whiskey. It's alright as a one-off drink although, for my tastes, the Black Bush is a better sipper and that's sitting beside me now.

Only going another glass for the time being though, as I have to test run the iKon Slant and don't want to destroy myself!

If the Slant works out OK, I'll have another sip to celebrate afterwards... :blush:

Mark

Personally I thought it was terrible, even though I really wanted to like it. Seemed to me it was trying to be Irish mist and failing. Mind you IM isn't as good either since they changed it a few years back but still better than Bushmills honey IMHO.

Roefisher said:

Mark

Have you tried Jack Daniels Honey. That I found to be very nice, but the bottle emptied rather quickly. I blamed it on evaporation.

Back
Top Bottom