What are you drinking tonight.

rps20150313_220906.jpg

Going down very well.

Greg

Hiya,

Recently I have been trying different craft beers both domestic and Imported. Some have been good and others not so hot and I have been looking for something with not much hops or alcohol taste or burn, even with a high ABV rating. Settled into trying various Weisse types and man, some are excellent!

One German brewery in particular has really caught my attention and so far I've tried three versions. These are in a decent sized one pint, nine ounce bottle that goes down like a much smaller sized one.

I am sure lots of you know about the WeihenStephan Brewery, but it was a revelation to me finding beers that tasted like this. Really refreshing in their own ways, including a non wheat take on the Czech Pilsner which is quite tasty in that manner.

Anyway, the reviews are pretty nuts on many of the different offerings. Heh, no shortage of people's opinions online. and most of em like this brand a lot. Surprisingly reasonable at $3.29. Something to think about with the eventual warm weather.
Martin

Here you go: http://us.weihenstephaner.com/our-beers#

A few ales, Iron Maiden's Trooper, a Golden Sheep, and a Bateman's Mocha Amaretto (odd). Now onto Clément Rhum Vieux Agricole.

Tomorrow is a cup final, so probably far too many to be able to use a keyboard.

Celtic67 said:
A few ales, Iron Maiden's Trooper, a Golden Sheep, and a Bateman's Mocha Amaretto (odd). Now onto Clément Rhum Vieux Agricole.

What did you recon on the Mocha Amaretto ? It is slightly odd, but a nice enough bottle.

Northam Saint said:
Celtic67 said:

What did you recon on the Mocha Amaretto ? It is slightly odd, but a nice enough bottle.

I thought it was not bad at all. The almond was more of a smell than a flavour & wasn't over the top. I had the pack with 4 different ales & wasn't too keen on the orange one. I couldn't drink any of them all night, though!

Back
Top Bottom