What are you listening to?

I'm playing a very poignant song as far as me and my wife are concerned.

Every now and then we will put this track on and remember the day we met, and our first dance at our wedding.

Lip Up Fatty - Bad Manners.

[attachment=5977][attachment=5978][attachment=5979]

At the moment early Genesis music from the 1960s. The album is the Genesis Archive 1967 to 1975.

Later on it will be tracks from the Forever Changing 5 CD album on Elektra records, from the late 1960s to early 1970s.

And, The Sea Symphony by Ralph Vaughan Williams.

I'm on night shift, and radio reception is very poor, so I play CDs.

Attachments

• Genesis-Archive-196775-117323.jpg
    Genesis-Archive-196775-117323.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 15
  • forever changing.jpg
    forever changing.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 14
  • RVW.jpg
    RVW.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 101
Herbie Mann 1961 ~ Comin' Home Baby

Recorded: Live at The Village Gate, New York City, NY November 17, 1961

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiCV4Xna684&feature=autoplay&list=PL466257223EFF6594&playnext=4[/video]

Oh no, PC! I had forgotten all about that and must live in hope that my daughter never finds out about KF. Man, I feel for you. My soon to be 4 year old has a thing for Bruno Mars, Runaway Baby. I blame it on her Aunt!

Pig Cat said:
This week my son discovered the Krazy Frog. So yeah, I've been listening to quite a lot of that.

:icon_eek:

Gairdner said:
Oh no, PC! I had forgotten all about that and must live in hope that my daughter never finds out about KF. Man, I feel for you. My soon to be 4 year old has a thing for Bruno Mars, Runaway Baby. I blame it on her Aunt!

After seeing and hearing both the Crazy Frog and "Mr. Mars", you gents truly have my sympathies.

Never been interested in opera?

Madame Butterfly is one of the easiest operas to start with. This is a film version well worth a look. Just watched it again - never fails to amaze.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00005U0HI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1FQSW6TYFSGNFFFZ3X84&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=317828027&pf_rd_i=468294

Used versions can be picked up for less than £10 - not mine!

As the radio reception is quite poor where I work, I take CDs in.

At the moment it's

Brian Eno - Another Green World

then:

Rimsky Korsakov - Scheherazde, Tschaikowsky - Capriccio Italien and Ouverture 1812
George Harrison - Electronic Sounds
Vaughan Williams - Sancta Civitas, and Dona nobis pacem.

That Roger Waters album does stick in your head, doesn't it? Mind you when people on here started talking about Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds I couldn't get it out of my head for two days!
And now it's back again!

In the 1980s at the height of the 'Hip Hop' craze in UK, me and my mates used to go to Rock City in Nottingham on a Saturday morning. We would watch all the breakdancers and graffiti artists doing their stuff and listen to the DJs playing the latest tunes and creating their own mixes.

At Rock City the resident 'crew' The Rock City Crew had their own DJ named Master Scratch and he used to make his own C90 tapes either at home or on the day and sell them. These soon got copied and passed around and there was always a mad rush to get the latest.

Someone has managed to track almost all of the original Rock CIty Master Scratch recordings and has uploaded them as MP3s. Needless to say I was all over this and have been working my way through the 40+ recordings.

Ah, memories.

Back
Top Bottom