What are you listening to?

who does not like this track. it is great.
That group was top tier all the way with lots of big hits and excellent sound to em. Luckily I was around 13 when his stuff was coming out. Here's a few cuts some members may not be familiar with and that 45 player in the second one was a nice touch.

kazoo

Hey thanks, had not heard of him before and I like that guy. Reminds me of Chicago's own John Prine. Here's a few cuts by another Windy City boy with a great sense of humor.

This notorious Chicago towing company, located in the Lincoln Park area, was a bit overenthusiastic about methods used to tow cars and collect the charges. The "From Wilmette to Gary" refers to cities north and south of Chicago. "Joliet charm school" was a nasty prison where Blues Brothers was filmed.
John Prine one of the greatest song writers, he did a cover of clay pigeons

Last edited:
I absolutely love Leonard Cohen, I've been fortunate enough to have seen him perform. A genius.

Saw him a few times in the 90s and both shows were excellent! Two totally different band members/instruments and back up singers for each . First time was 1991 with my wife in a small Chicago venue sitting up close to the stage and the whole room was loaded with chronic LC admirers. Luckily she loved his schtick as I do and she's seen him a couple more times since then.

You either love or hate the guy.

Hiya,

Probably some Dylan fans here, with me being one and have been since the 60s. I was lucky to grow up as his music was being created.

Phil Ochs would be my second favorite artist for that kinda stuff and he was a contemporary of Dylan. I won't spend time going over the guy's history but will say he was anti war but also wrote some wonderful other songs other than protest themed ones.

Three cuts out of the 20-25 I could suggest. First one's a sample of his humor regarding the Vietnam War draft. Second one is a quite beautiful song unrelated to protests. Last one I believe rivals anything Bob Dylan ever wrote, which is saying something.

I'd suggest his Tape From California album for a good sampling.

Last edited:
Great to have John Squire back shredding it...Stoked for the upcoming album. In some ways takes me back to when The Stone Roses' Second Coming was just weeks away...

Last edited:
Youtube Music is pretty uncanny in recommending music to me it thinks I will like.
Just started listening to the Penguin Orchestra band.
People in the UK who watched any TV adverts in the nineties will remember these... both telecoms companies...

Back
Top Bottom