What are you reading at the moment?

Anne Frank The Diary of a young girl.

Not a big book reader however I've been meaning to read this for years, the wife gave me a Christmas present. About halfway through so far, got to say wasn't expecting her to be quiet so literate at a young age, and rude to, can't blame her mind.

Winnie-the-pooh is 90 year's old this year so I am reading the complete collection and I am really enjoying it.... It's good to keep in touch with your inner child sometimes and I love bears of all types so this is right up my street... Great illustrations by E.H.Shepard

Anne Frank The Diary of a young girl.

Not a big book reader

Hey John what's doin over there in Limeyland,

See now, I always knew you were a sensitive bastard but everyone else said I was nuts.

Hah, I remember remember when you and Mikey went off to live in the Swediske Cloudberry bogs after getting hitched. That brandy is tough to get free of from what I had heard.Sorry, but I keep forgetting who was the husband. Those pics in a new gimp suit were a riot.

So this place is the same as always, except for the not so much fun part now. Do not use your normal hard core bantering....it will only get you in trouble. This post is probably even pushing that tiny envelope, sad as it seems.

Just had to at least type a bit in your direction buddy,

Martini

:rolleyes:
Hey John what's doin over there in Limeyland,

See now, I always knew you were a sensitive bastard but everyone else said I was nuts.

Hah, I remember remember when you and Mikey went off to live in the Swediske Cloudberry bogs after getting hitched. That brandy is tough to get free of from what I had heard.Sorry, but I keep forgetting who was the husband. Those pics in a new gimp suit were a riot.

So this place is the same as always, except for the not so much fun part now. Do not use your normal hard core bantering....it will only get you in trouble. This post is probably even pushing that tiny envelope, sad as it seems.

Just had to at least type a bit in your direction buddy,

Martini
Hi Martini nice to see your still alive and not dead ( bit like a bit of road kill ) hell I've turned over a new leaf nowadays soft, and a sensitive barstard to boot, yep it's true, no rudeness from my keyboard.

I see you like the mask, believe it or not it's an ice hokey mask (a toy for Halloween) I noticed people give more candy when you do a Jason voorhees number on them.

The Anne Frank book I'm reading is more popular than I antisapated since my son's class is studying Anne Frank,WW1,WW2 when I got in doors this evening I had a request from his teacher, asking if they can lend my book, "sure they can son" I say, that's how nice I am, I should point out my son is in primary school......Who am I to stand in the way of children's learning :)

Enjoying this book by Ben Elton
TIME AND TIME AGAIN(I've not read the book lots, thats the title :D)
View attachment 23010
If you had one chance to change history
where would you go ?
What would you do ?
Who would you kill ?

I think Elton's a bit late to the party on this one. Katherine Atkinson has already done a superb treatment of this theme with Life After Life. Not to mention Laura Barnett's The Versions of Us.

The normal answers to the old 'Who would you kill?' question is either Adolf Hitler or Lee Harvey Oswald. Funnily enough, nobody ever goes for Lenin or Trotsky, which would arguably have saved far more lives...

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the book. Elton can write rather well at times.

I think Elton's a bit late to the party on this one. Katherine Atkinson has already done a superb treatment of this theme with Life After Life. Not to mention Laura Barnett's The Versions of Us.

The normal answers to the old 'Who would you kill?' question is either Adolf Hitler or Lee Harvey Oswald. Funnily enough, nobody ever goes for Lenin or Trotsky, which would arguably have saved far more lives...

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the book. Elton can write rather well at times.

Ye going back in time there would be quite a few bad buggers for the chopping block.

Eltons book is about trying to stop the assassination of archduke Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo, then to Berlin to try and kill Kaiser Wilhelm.
Basically he is trying to stop the great war but what will occur in its place and how does history change.

The book has enough interest in it with a few twists and turns to keep me wanting to turn to the next page.

Ye going back in time there would be quite a few bad buggers for the chopping block.

Eltons book is about trying to stop the assassination of archduke Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo, then to Berlin to try and kill Kaiser Wilhelm.
Basically he is trying to stop the great war but what will occur in its place and how does history change.

The book has enough interest in it with a few twists and turns to keep me wanting to turn to the next page.

You know, I've always been interested in this literary theme and I bought the book on kindle after I posted last night. I like it already.

Elton has always had a feel for the early 20th century, the Great War and the awful tragedy that it was.

You know, I've always been interested in this literary theme and I bought the book on kindle after I posted last night. I like it already.

Elton has always had a feel for the early 20th century, the Great War and the awful tragedy that it was.

Glad you are enjoying the book !....When I finish this one i might try another of his books ( Two brothers )

Regards Pat

The Talisman. I read The Black House first by mistake.
the-talisman_zpsaf33s1yt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom