What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ended up paying through my [insert orifice of choice] for it (apparently I'm far from the only one that has 'a thing' for this model) - but it was one of my 'last four to get'-razors and I barely ever see one in the original box!

I give you the...Schick Type F

I'll post some photos when I get it as I don't think the sheer awesomeness of this razor is captured in these vendor photos...

27ybipt.jpg

2ca5ub.jpg

1z4y0ir.jpg

4vr060.jpg

Cleaned up it looks purty like this (not my photo):
IMG_1427.JPG

pjgh said:
Two good catches! Well done. Is the Streamline in the smaller case? Metal, blue/purple lined with blade holder at the back and just large enough for the razor?
Hi Paul,
Yes- the Metal Case/Purple Lining & Complete with Blade Holder. Need to check in good
light, seems good nick.
Mike B

Darkbulb said:
I give you the...Schick Type F

Cleaned up it looks purty like this (not my photo):

Oh DB, you almost got me with that one,

Only reason I dodged your infernal enabling was because I have an F type already. Heh, otherwise I would be calling dibbs......

Found mine 2-3 years ago, it being the $5 flea market deal of that day (no case). Kinda grubby looking but the aluminum cleaned up real nice and the brass did also.

Years ago when I was into injectors those things never interested me for some reason. Maybe because the head looks so weird.

First time I got mine wet it took over the 'go to' slot, which surprised the hell outta me. Even beat out the Schick adjustable......pretty amazing. The short handle's design is actually a very pleasant addition to the shave. Gary has one that he finds aggressive, which I don't understand at all.

Let me know if you want some blades for that little treasure.

Martin

dodgy said:
Oh DB, you almost got me with that one,

Only reason I dodged your infernal enabling was because I have an F type already. Heh, otherwise I would be calling dibbs......

I'm really excited to try it out - I love the almost 'Art Deco' look of it and I've heard great things about its performance! :)

Just snagged the last of the accessible German slants I've been after. This Fasan OC Slant.
$_3.JPG

When it arrives I'll take some photos of the whole Slant Parade.

Whosthedaddy said:
Uncle Bertie said:
Just snagged This Fasan OC Slant.

When it arrives I'll take some photos of the whole Slant Parade.

Great looking razor

I think missingchin has one of those and he mentioned finding another use for that thing. Turns out he could shave with it too, besides the normal potato peeler function. He was surprised.

Pretty sure those were sold along with the Ginzu knives.

Cheap enough for an impulse buy ... I think it will take a regular SE blade and it looks lovely. Cheers! Very happy :D

I notice the box is the same as the one you have with the razor you mention, which you know I call a "Le Grelot". I've had a look through Waits and can find that razor under 'Le Grelot' but not 'L'Essor'. Do you think it's a mismatched razor and box? I'm not saying it is because these French (and German) razors can be very incestuous.

pjgh said:
I notice the box is the same as the one you have with the razor you mention, which you know I call a "Le Grelot". I've had a look through Waits and can find that razor under 'Le Grelot' but not 'L'Essor'. Do you think it's a mismatched razor and box? I'm not saying it is because these French (and German) razors can be very incestuous.

I really don't know and I agree with you that back in those days in France it seemed like every razor manufacturer collaborated and the lines between brands got fuzzy from time to time. I've looked up the razor I have online outside of Waits and a number of sources reference it as a L'Essor but as we all know online sources are not always credible and often just repeats what they read elsewhere (kind of what I just did).

One day I'll take some time and really dig into this area of French SEs as I must say I find them to be incredibly attractive razors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom