What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
18ABF6F794784833B93EF556981AB962.jpg

£12.50 plus £5 postage. A deal, a steal, it's sale of the century. Grrrrrrrrreat. Niiiiice. Suits you Sir.

Now here is the thing...The Shim excels in these 1914s ...It seriously does Sir....Nice one...Cream of the Crop for sure...The blade exposure is crazy...:D

Billy

Picked up three things from a seller on eBay this week.

1) A Truefitt and Hill cartridge razor (I believe it's a Mach3?),
2) A Crabtree and Evelyn cartridge razor (I believe also Mach3 (I really need to figure that out so I can get some cartridges for these guys...), and
3) An Art of Shaving "Genuine Badger" brush. I'm guessing "Genuine" in this case is "Pure". I rather like the handle.

Total cost for all items was 30-something dollars which I think was fair ($24 for the T&H and $10 for the C&E razor and AoS brush)

eqo9k1.jpg

2cyisqq.jpg

Picked up three things from a seller on eBay this week.

1) A Truefitt and Hill cartridge razor (I believe it's a Mach3?),
2) A Crabtree and Evelyn cartridge razor (I believe also Mach3 (I really need to figure that out so I can get some cartridges for these guys...), and
3) An Art of Shaving "Genuine Badger" brush. I'm guessing "Genuine" in this case is "Pure". I rather like the handle.

Total cost for all items was 30-something dollars which I think was fair ($24 for the T&H and $10 for the C&E razor and AoS brush)

eqo9k1.jpg

2cyisqq.jpg
Nice...o_O

Threw out a rather low offer on this one..and ended up getting it.
It looks as if it would clean up rather nicely.
Now I just need to figure out when it's from.
Looking forward to getting it in a week or so.

w7dg1j.jpg

2mo2zw3.jpg

29kuwsw.jpg

1907 ... nicely caught! It ain't no Junior Bar, but it gives an idea ... back in those days there was a leapfrogging, like Apple & Microsoft.

Me? This:

$_12.JPG

... an Ever Ready GEM. Yes, you read that. An Ever Ready GEM. It's a British Push Button ... GEM on the handle, Ever Ready on the baseplate. Pure fusion.

w7dg1j.jpg

2mo2zw3.jpg

29kuwsw.jpg
The first set of those with the wooden handle saw the light of day on 1908 as a travellers set....There was a further set that came out on 1911/12....The same razor though....The original version came out in 1906 and had one of those super long old type Kampfe stropping handles.....We can safely say yours is either a 1908 or a 1911/1912 model.....I have a later one that that...The later ones weren't as well made as the one you have there...The metal was getting lighter and the blade stops were getting dodgy on the later ones because of wear and tear on the factory machinery.....That's a good Un Sir....You will need to shim that to get the blade to sit fully forward in the blade guides....Quite aggressive shavers actually.... o_O

Billy

Was the winning bidder on this Geo F Trumper brush at $22.
I'm fairly sure this isn't a very high-end brush offering of theirs but at the price I think it could be a nice addition for me.
Comes with box and travel tube and offered as NIB.

28sngo8.jpg

9761pt.jpg

w7dg1j.jpg

2mo2zw3.jpg

29kuwsw.jpg
Unless you can definitely confirm that's not your hand, I will never post on this forum again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom