What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I bought nine twin cartridges...or a metal, Burma-Shave cartridge handle - but for less than $5 for the lot it might not matter too much.
atkspt.jpg

294jalj.jpg

...and, last one: another Stahly in working condition w/ case that I am buying for a friend. $31 and I think he'll be pretty happy with it.
(Actually quite a few of my recent purchases have been w/ the intention to pass them along)

Seller description:

"Razor vibrates by winding up the bottom end of the handle. Tested & works. Razor is in excellent condition."
jt3xap.jpg

10cswnk.jpg

@Darkbulb

I never did try a Stahly. I rather likes the idea, but was also horrified by potential micro-chatter scars with modern blades.

Hey! Have you found a black Wilko Bonded yet? One with a sabre emblem on the handle tip? I had one, but the cartridge retaining tab snapped on first use. Grrr! I was rather proud of that one. Did you see my recent Sputnik acquisition?

DSC09290.JPG

DSC09291.JPG

@Darkbulb

I never did try a Stahly. I rather likes the idea, but was also horrified by potential micro-chatter scars with modern blades.

Hey! Have you found a black Wilko Bonded yet? One with a sabre emblem on the handle tip? I had one, but the cartridge retaining tab snapped on first use. Grrr! I was rather proud of that one. Did you see my recent Sputnik acquisition?

DSC09290.JPG

DSC09291.JPG

I like it.
Wouldn't mind a black Wilky to go w/ my white one...

I haven't bothered with the Stahly handle; the head is excellent. Lots of feedback and not too aggressive nor mild. You can really feel what it's doing.

I haven't bothered with the Stahly handle; the head is excellent. Lots of feedback and not too aggressive nor mild. You can really feel what it's doing.

It's probably in my top ten list of all closed comb DE razor heads I've ever tried. The handle....is quite terrible regardless if it works or not :)

Picked up a lot that I'd normally wouldn't go for as 50% of the stuff I don't really want - but I really liked the Tech/case and the, I think, ABC case.
I put in a low offer and lo' and behold it was accepted.
Anyone need some handkerchiefs and a leatherette travelkit? :D

2qjarv4.jpg

...and, last one: another Stahly in working condition w/ case that I am buying for a friend. $31 and I think he'll be pretty happy with it.

Yep, probably a good price for one with no blems on the head, and with the vibe working. I keep expecting to find one in the wild again but it's been slow.

Oh, Carl is looking for a Feather injector. Maybe watch out for that.....he is too shy to ask directly.

Personna Executive Injector...;)
Personna_zpsqk8fdrmr.jpg

Just got this Rare Personna Executive Injector from a French EBay seller for £ 1.45..This is the only pic the seller provided but these are the "Dogs Danglies"..I have one of these already but the underside spring set up is a tad different on this one..This was well hidden away and doesn't look much from the under side...But I know what it is...;)
Its the Star Ship Galactic... :transport016:

Billy..:chores016:

Hiya,

Hopefully in the next week a Spanish Taramundi folding knife will get here, this one being done by Pedro Bermudez in the multi colorful dymon wood or something like that. This man is quite the artist and was introduced to me by the Good Doctor while in his full on snake oil mode.

Martin

Last edited:
Received photo and some additional info for my Iwasaki kamisori and I'm over the moon cant wait to receive it.
Here is some aditional info and photos
"Your Kamisori happened to be using a Rentetsu material for the jigane (base iron), this is a late 1800s British irons, used for construction materials, rails, anchors, boilers, etc. etc. from early to mid Meiji. It has a very nice damascus like layered pattern due to the old iron smelting technology, which could not melt the iron ore completely, hence could not remove all the impurities. But this is very beneficial for tools' jigane material, that they are very brittle and easy to grind, and also has the mentioned handsome pattern."

36869ef328d20f81507bb1e0ed29c942.jpg

d96181f1ffa287f34db71c275e1d55d3.jpg

cddd31dc13c258ca3e6e155cbef754ed.jpg

Last edited:
Having known Cedric Christ of Ali's Blades for quite a number years I thought it was about time I commissioned a custom Hoshi Tombo a clone forged using 500 layer Damascus from him, I sent Cedric a few drawings including spec's and measurements plus a few photo's of my all time favourite straight vintage Japanese razor my Hoshi Tombo 8000, I 've always liked Cedric's work and especially lately with his modern take on vintage Japanese razors especially with some of the more exotic steels he uses.

Last edited:
Big beast of a 30mm synthetic in butterscotch from Whipped Dog. Collection of synths is now building up; 21, 23, 24mm all different types and this one to join them.
Prior reports are indeed correct. Larry is indeed a gent to deal with, however this custom brush on his site is a bit much imho:

timthumb.php

It should be named Richard III. I can just imagine my other half screaming if that was left in the sink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom