What do you call this ?

Since moving to yorkshire i have yet to meet anyone who has heard this called a barmcake :)
Teacakes here which is bollocks as they have fruit in..
chip teacake just aint right :hungrig

Attachments

• bread.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 152
Its part of a very delicte master piece, we call it 'the roll' , to complete it you need to add the missing the cheese slices, ketchup, 2 x BBQ'd 1/4 pounder's, a fresh fried egg and 3 onion rings to make it complete :hungrig

Pig Cat said:
When I lived in Nottingham I called them cobs, but now I just say white roll. I think they were baps in Bristol. Rather appropriate really.

Surely a roll is not round :) thats the long ones :?

slash said:
Pig Cat said:
When I lived in Nottingham I called them cobs, but now I just say white roll. I think they were baps in Bristol. Rather appropriate really.

Surely a roll is not round :) thats the long ones :?

Nope it's a roll. Not sure what the large ones are called. These days I suspect 'Sub' is used by kids for that sort of thing.

Get the feeling that bread is called different things in different parts of the country?

Here in Stoke that would be a bap. Where my wife comes from (used to be Lancashire but is now Merseyside) it would be a barmcake.

Ian

I've used bap and barmcake for those.. not heard barmcake for many years, it used to be the word for those in Manchester when I grew up, I'd tend to say bap now. At the inlaws in northern Scotland, that would be a morning roll.

Back
Top Bottom