What do you do for a living?

I wanted to be the second Olga Korbut; I can remember the exact moment when I realised that this aspiration was never going to be fulfilled. But hey, I'm not low on hope; I was 25 years old and a mother of two by that time.

The technical title is "Aircraft Technician (Mechanical)" though my current post is not aircraft based. I could well be working on the Typhoon. .... they get towed past my windows daily.

I have a suspicion I work for the same company as BraveBlades above. Same technical title at least.

Hands on with aircraft for 22 years, spending my last 1.5 passing that gained knowledge on.

And no.. I'm not a pilot, and neither do I actually 'like' aeroplanes lol !

andy the handy man, training as electrician with a bit of plumbing,building etc on side

never a dull moment, pulling cables etc in morn then trowel in hand in the evening

JohnVaux said:
I have a suspicion I work for the same company as BraveBlades above. Same technical title at least.

Hands on with aircraft for 22 years, spending my last 1.5 passing that gained knowledge on.

And no.. I'm not a pilot, and neither do I actually 'like' aeroplanes lol !

I suspect you are correct! - there is a few of us on here (some have finished their time)

:icon_razz:

BraveBlades said:
The technical title is "Aircraft Technician (Mechanical)" though my current post is not aircraft based. I could well be working on the Typhoon. .... they get towed past my windows daily.

They have swopped the title around since I was in the RAF I was an "Aircraft Electrical and Flight Systems Technician" worked on most aspects of the job from baseline servicing to running a Jaguar Flight Line. Then left and worked doing the same job for The Royal Sultan of Oman's Airforce. Flown in all the fighters I worked on plus the usual transport aircraft. Think things were a bit more easy going in the 80's ..............:angel:

Now I am getting as much out of the government and NHS as I can aka being made redundant from a good SHEQ job last year due to failing health. Which seems to be failing even more than I thought.....:dodgy:
Not sure what happens next, but don't plan to sit my arse for the rest of my life !!

missingskin said:
BraveBlades said:

They have swopped the title around since I was in the RAF I was an "Aircraft Electrical and Flight Systems Technician" worked on most aspects of the job from baseline servicing to running a Jaguar Flight Line. Then left and worked doing the same job for The Royal Sultan of Oman's Airforce. Flown in all the fighters I worked on plus the usual transport aircraft. Think things were a bit more easy going in the 80's ..............:angel:

Now I am getting as much out of the government and NHS as I can aka being made redundant from a good SHEQ job last year due to failing health. Which seems to be failing even more than I thought.....:dodgy:
Not sure what happens next, but don't plan to sit my arse for the rest of my life !!

yeah they changed the titles when they dual traded the aircraft trades - now sootie and rigger in one!

Back
Top Bottom